Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rant

KrisPKreme

Question

My wife told me yesterday that if I spend anymore time in the garage wiping my car down with "towels", I can pack up all my stuff and relocate. First, I am going to miss her. Second, do you have any room on your couch Adam? I don't take up much space and am very neat. I am a really good cook and mow grass very well. I am scared of small children but I love dogs. I would prefer my own fridge filled weekly with Newcastle Ale. I like donuts alot but am not picky as to what kind. I could do odd jobs around the shop to earn my keep...stuff envelopes, lick stamps or whatever. Since Boulder is the liberal capitol of the U.S. I will even hold protests against our facist government. Basically I will do anything. Do we have a deal? I am sure your wife will grow to love me...it takes a bit but everyone gives in eventually.

Darn you Adam Pitale and your bottles of color coded creamy goodness!!

7 years married and my wife knows that garage time is "ME" time... she does her thing and occasionally drops by with lunch, beverages, or a snack b/c if I get my time in the garage I'm less cranky in the house :D

Ditto! My wife brings me Low-Carb monsters to refresh. I dig having a detached garage.

Nonsense, put her on the end of a buffer, a little vibrations never hurt any babies that I know of. :banana:

LOL... She loves to look at the cars but she told me over a month ago that she was going to clean out her interior. She went as far as grabbing the bottle of Interior Cleaner and a MF towel but it sat on the kitchen table for a couple of days so it made its way back to the shelf... :( Looks like I'll have to do IT too.

:willy:

I make SURE to make time for her. I got the evil eye yesterday when I was FMPing my G8 and she was putting plants in the bed out front. I took an hour off and helped her. Oh and she's 20 weeks prego so she needs not be over exerting herself. :willy:

Nonsense, put her on the end of a buffer, a little vibrations never hurt any babies that I know of. :banana:

Krispy.....sounds like your girlfriend needs to be 'waxed' without the 'paint job'.....;)

My wife gave up on me a long time ago....I have my 'ME' time and she has hers. After 35 years, she just accepts it....and she likes having a nicely detailed car. Even if her eye isn't as critical. I maybe I wax her occasionally. :lolsmack:

I broke it off in 2006 with my fiance and when we parted ways she told me that I loved my cars more than I loved her... She kind of had a point... Of course they weren't out till all hours of the night without me doing who knows what...

Everything happens for a reason... Now I'm married and have a child on the way...

God help me!

Chris

I wanted A Sky. Michelle said no its A useless car. She went to London to visit her mom. When she came home I had A sky. When she started to complain I told her its A mid life crises thing. She should be glad I chose that instead of A younger girlfriend on the side. Now if she complains about time in the garage I tell her I will sell the car and get A new girlfriend instead. She wanders off mad but she gets over it and I get my ME time. And no she wont get keys to the Sky. I dont even like her driving my truck.

My girlfriend buys me Adam's products. :) She completely understands. Even though while I get mad cause it looks like crap, she tells me that it's fine. She doesn't have the eagle eye like me!

Dylan then tells her I owe her dinner, lol.

Thanks Chris!I have driven onto the Adam's on ramp and there aint no gettin off now! My wife is a brilliant attorney and smart as all get out. When it comes to machines it is complete indifference. I think she believes batteries work because of magic. The first time I took her flying in my plane she asked me what would happen if the big fan in front stopped spinning around. I told her that she would see me sweating profusely and spewing profanities like a Dice Clay show.

7 years married and my wife knows that garage time is "ME" time... she does her thing and occasionally drops by with lunch, beverages, or a snack b/c if I get my time in the garage I'm less cranky in the house :D

Same here. There are much worse things you could be doing. Tiger Woods comes to mind.

I had a similar situation happen in the summer of 2008. Sometime between spring and fall (possibly summer) my fiance left while I was out working on the car. I can't pinpoint when exactly and I'm not sure why, I mean I always kept her car nice too. What more could she have wanted from me? lol

I did miss her for a while, but detailing is a good cure for that. :)

"KrispyKritter...have you detailed your wife's car lately??" LOL...indeed I have. Yesterday I got the Acura all nice and pretty. I brought her out to see her car and my handiwork. The response..."Ok, its still silver but thank you honey". The pat on my head followed after that. I drink alot.

I'm honestly not even sure if my wife is around here anymore. I've been in the garage the last few days and haven't bothered to look. I should probably go check, maybe when I'm waiting for the next coat of machine wax to set up...

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack: Rich, do you have life insurance on your wife?? If so, you might want to go check on her.

I have no problem with my husband hanging out in the garage. It normally means he is making money for me to spend or else he is making one of our cars go faster.:cheers:

I am the Detailer in this relationship. He heads to the garage and I grab some MF towels and whatever I feel my car needs at the time and I give it some loving :grouphug:

KrispyKritter...have you detailed your wife's car lately?? :D

HAHA! you were reading my mind, except change the Newcastle Ale to Bud Light and we are on the same page!

when my fiance sees me leave, she says, "what are you doing? you just pampered the car last night, why can't you pamper me for once?" i just respond, "get yourself a nice paint job, then we will talk pampering!"

And then the cold front blew in .. :D

I'm honestly not even sure if my wife is around here anymore. I've been in the garage the last few days and haven't bothered to look. I should probably go check, maybe when I'm waiting for the next coat of machine wax to set up...

I make SURE to make time for her. I got the evil eye yesterday when I was FMPing my G8 and she was putting plants in the bed out front. I took an hour off and helped her. Oh and she's 20 weeks prego so she needs not be over exerting herself. :willy:

I have never had the pleasure of milking a cow but do find them rather tasty. I would be willing to learn how to milk a cow, goat, cat or whatever else needs milkin 'round the farm...stritcly animals though. Does the barn have cable tv?

Archived