Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clay - its important!!

Testing some new variations of clay this weekend, among other things.

This truck is a fleet vehicle... never been clayed, polished, or waxed in its 5-6 years of life, it gets washed occasionally and stored outside.

Just thought this would make an excellent representation for anyone who tells you "I don't need to clay" :loser:

Just listen to that rough paint!! :willy:

_DSC0737.jpg

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ziXSnyuB7k&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ziXSnyuB7k&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Dylan if you would like some more testing to be done... I have a 3 year old honda ridgeline that has never been more than washed and has been used as a ski vehicle driving back and forth from ID to WA and back that is scheduled in for 2 weeks from now. It should be a great testbed to test out the new clay with the soft paint that probably has more contaminants on it than...oh nevermind :D but yea its going to be pretty rough. I just placed an order last night if you feel so inclined for another test subject :glasses:

WOW...thats amazing...

So is this new clay softer and more "grabby" than the blue stuff? I've noticed that the blue clay sticks to my fingers much more than the yellow clay I've used in the past.

I love demostrating to people why clay is so important to a good finish...

"feel the paint" clay clay clay "now feel the paint"

WOOOOOOOOOwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :glasses:

WOW...thats amazing...

So is this new clay softer and more "grabby" than the blue stuff? I've noticed that the blue clay sticks to my fingers much more than the yellow clay I've used in the past.

I love demostrating to people why clay is so important to a good finish...

"feel the paint" clay clay clay "now feel the paint"

WOOOOOOOOOwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :glasses:

Yes it's softer. I prefer the blue as it doesn't melt in my hands. I have a new bar to test but I think it was already ruled out. Our Subie sits outside most of the time and it's due for a clean and wax so it'll be the next subject. Have to finish my G8 though! lol

Chris

Ouch, look at that claybar... looks like it was fried in a pan. That is some serious contamination right there.

And of course, that audio of the roughness of the paint. Did you lose some skin rubbing that rough side? ;)

i have a piece of Meg***r's clay bar... have any of you guys used this in comparison to the Adam's one? the one i have didn't pick up much contaminants off the car, however the car is only 10 months old and is in the garage mostly. i feel like it essentially did nothing when i used it. this of course was all before i discovered adam's :D

Speaking of clay....

Anyone know when they'll be some from Adam's available to order?

I can't speak from inside knowledge but I got my Junkman kit yesterday sans clay. There was a note in the box saying the clay was still currently on back order and they planned to ship it to me May 3rd. Hope this helps.

i have a piece of Meg***r's clay bar... have any of you guys used this in comparison to the Adam's one? the one i have didn't pick up much contaminants off the car, however the car is only 10 months old and is in the garage mostly. i feel like it essentially did nothing when i used it. this of course was all before i discovered adam's :D

I used that bar once, I find Adams bar less sticky and seems to last longer. I used the meg. on my wifes old passat and Adams on my Ram the VW was only 2 years old when clayed. My Ram was 6 years old and the Adams bar held up great. (Both were used on cars that were never clayed before)

We're testing new clay. The current supplier stopped... Supplying that is...

I prefer the Adams over the others I've used. I'm not saying it's the best... Just the best I've used.

Remember to do the bag trick if you're not sure if the clay is working. Not all cars are as bad as the one Dylan did.

Chris

We're testing new clay. The current supplier stopped... Supplying that is...

I prefer the Adams over the others I've used. I'm not saying it's the best... Just the best I've used.

Remember to do the bag trick if you're not sure if the clay is working. Not all cars are as bad as the one Dylan did.

Chris

That is bad news. First no foam gun and now no clay. When will it end? :willy:

The detailing industry as a whole right now seems to be struggling to keep up with demand. The amount of people learning to detail and deciding to do it themselves has grown exponentially and I don't think anyone was ready for the explosion that kicked off this year. It was compounded by an especially wet and nasty winter.

We've have numerous vendors that are having a real struggle to keep up with us, add in the limitations on clay b/c of the automagic patent and other supply constraints and its becoming harder and harder to keep up.

Rest assured we wouldn't put anything out there unless we were confident it met our standards.

The detailing industry as a whole right now seems to be struggling to keep up with demand. The amount of people learning to detail and deciding to do it themselves has grown exponentially and I don't think anyone was ready for the explosion that kicked off this year. It was compounded by an especially wet and nasty winter.

We've have numerous vendors that are having a real struggle to keep up with us, add in the limitations on clay b/c of the automagic patent and other supply constraints and its becoming harder and harder to keep up.

Rest assured we wouldn't put anything out there unless we were confident it met our standards.

Victims of your/our own success!!

:help:

how many of you guys used the Meg***r's clay bar before? i have a piece from awhile back, and i don't know if it was because the car was only a few months old at the time, but when i used it, it did not pick up much contaminents, i kneaded it alot, but never really saw the stuff on the bar when kneading. it felt like a complete waste of time. the only thing it really did was remove some specks of buffing compound left on by the dealer, which required LOTS of elbow grease and a soar arm the next day. they only came off the paint, but wouldn't come off the vinyl stripes!!!

next time the car needs a new coat of polish and wax, the Adam's clay bar will be in the cart too!

how many of you guys used the Meg***r's clay bar before? i have a piece from awhile back, and i don't know if it was because the car was only a few months old at the time, but when i used it, it did not pick up much contaminents, i kneaded it alot, but never really saw the stuff on the bar when kneading. it felt like a complete waste of time. the only thing it really did was remove some specks of buffing compound left on by the dealer, which required LOTS of elbow grease and a soar arm the next day. they only came off the paint, but wouldn't come off the vinyl stripes!!!

next time the car needs a new coat of polish and wax, the Adam's clay bar will be in the cart too!

I went through the same thing. Had a rough area on my truck for 2 years that you couldn't see but you could feel it. Tried all the clay bars you can get at your local store and none of them got it off. After finding Adam's I ordered their clay and did the truck and it came right off!:rockon:

Had the same thing - it wasn't visible, but it was a rough fender side. First time I ever used the claybar, the roughness came right off. That sold me on Adam's products - they work as advertised, maybe better!

1 of the vehicles I clayed earlier this year was in a similar condition as Dylans example. The combination of DS and contanimants looked like choc milk running down the side as I was working. YUCK.

Archived