Customer Service 866.965.0400

Greetings from Catheys Valley, California.

VtailPilot

Greetings to all at Adams Forums,

My name is Carlo and I have been pouring all over the forums pages for the past two months. I have watched all of the videos by Adam and A.J. (aka The Junkman), as well as having looked at every product for sale at Adams. Well today I took the plunge and placed my first order with the help of Ashley on live chat.

While I really liked the Junkmans Special, it did not have everything that I wanted. I not only wanted to get an awesome shine on my vehicles, but I also wanted to detail the interior as well. So I ordered the Big Kahuna Kit (Adams Premium Kit) plus the 4" spot pads, a grit guard for the bucket I have at home, a second wash pad, and a gallon of car shampoo and a gallon of detail spray.

After my order arrives, I will take before and after pictures and post them. I am sure I will also be asking lots of questions as I correct the paint on my vehicles, and by what I have seen on these posts, I will get friendly and expert advice.:thumbsup:

:mail: Hello Chris, Jim, and John. Thanks for the welcome. As for the rides that I will be putting the PC and Adams Magic Sauces on, they are as follows. To practice on I have two real beaters. A 1979 Chevy truck that looks worse than A.J.'s El Camino in his video, and a 1988 VW Vanagon that looks like it is a 1988 and NEVER been waxed.

Once I perfect my technique, I will then work on the Wife's 2007 Honda Accord and my 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider. I also will work on my 1997 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic. This is why I got the gallon of Car Shampoo and Detail Spray. I think I should have also ordered an extra Clay Bar or two.

All of the rides have major swirls and I am sure that they have never been Clayed. I know for a fact that the Accord and Harley never have been. I plan on posting the before and after photos as I do each vehicle.

Thanks to you also Dylan and Ray for the welcome. Dylan I want you to know that I checked the Daily Special before I completed my order.:)

As I have poured all over the various posts, I was glad to see that many forum members were more than happy to give advice to help others. I am sure I will be asking many questions.

Watching the Junkmans by the colors video (instead of by the numbers), he made it so simple and very helpful. Hey AJ, if you read this post that video brought back memories of my days in bootcamp with the USMC. :patriot:

Welcome! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. I had to mapquest just to see where Catheys Valley is! Looks like beautiful country up there.

Bruce

:mail: Yahoo more mail!! Hello Jason and Bruce, thanks for the welcome to Adams. Bruce you are right, I do have my work cut out for me :lolsmack:

The Alfa Spider and the Harley are my pride and joy, and I really look forward to see them shine with no swirls. I also promised the Wife that I would make her Honda swirl free as well.

Catheys Valley is a very pretty area in Mariposa County. We are in the foothills of the Sierra's and I am about an hour and twenty minutes from Yosemite National Park. Highway 49 is a great drive in the Alfa with the top down and a great ride on the Harley.

Next time Carla and I head to SoCal, I hope we can hook up.

:mail: Yahoo more mail!! Hello Jason and Bruce, thanks for the welcome to Adams. Bruce you are right, I do have my work cut out for me :lolsmack:

The Alfa Spider and the Harley are my pride and joy, and I really look forward to see them shine with no swirls. I also promised the Wife that I would make her Honda swirl free as well.

Catheys Valley is a very pretty area in Mariposa County. We are in the foothills of the Sierra's and I am about an hour and twenty minutes from Yosemite National Park. Highway 49 is a great drive in the Alfa with the top down and a great ride on the Harley.

Next time Carla and I head to SoCal, I hope we can hook up.

Cool, I ride an '06 Road Glide! A few of us with Corvettes are heading up towards Murphy's & Angels Camp in two weeks. That entire area is beautiful, I head that way every chance I get, usually up 395, this route will be different. Anyhow, hope to see you soon.

Bruce

Cool, I ride an '06 Road Glide! A few of us with Corvettes are heading up towards Murphy's & Angels Camp in two weeks. That entire area is beautiful, I head that way every chance I get, usually up 395, this route will be different. Anyhow, hope to see you soon.

Bruce

Check out Irish Vineyards on the way on Rt. 4 from Angel's Camp to Murphys - really great wines, and their 2 chocolate labs are really friendly, too. And their Grand Cuvee and Apricot wine combo is excellent! A fun place to go for a tasting.

:banana: My two boxes of Adams stuff arrived today. I placed the order back on Friday, May 7th and today at 11:30 AM PST Fedex dropped the boxes off at my front door.

I have taken pictures of all the products, and I took before Pictures of my Alfa Romeo Spider, Chevy PU truck, and VW Vanagon van. The Alfa is outside right now and I am getting ready to do the two bucket wash, Clay, wash again, then with PC in hand :pc:I will take out all those nasty swirls and make her shine baby. I will post Pics as soon as I load them onto the computer.

:iagree: Hello Randy, I too love the Premium kit and Boy I am glad I also ordered the Detail Spray Special that consisted of a gallon of Detail Spray, a 16oz bottle of Detail Spray and the little funnel. This afternoon I did the two bucket was on the little Alfa Romeo Spider, then clayed the whole car. I used one 16oz bottle and half of the other, but the Alfa looks real nice and clean now, then I did another two bucket wash.

I am now working on the Swirls and tomorrow when my 2500 & 3000 grit wet sand paper arrive, I will tackle some of the scratches. I am looking forward to finishing the car tomorrow, because we are having an Alfa Club day drive this Saturday, and I want to show off the new Adams Shine to the rest of the club members. I have been taking Pics and plan to post the before and after shots.:2thumbs:

Archived