Customer Service 866.965.0400

"Garage sale" For Sale Thread?

Marylander

I was wondering... should we start a "garage sale" section where we could start having members list things for sale? Our diverse membership might be too scattered to have specific Corvette, F150, Camaro, Mustang, etc categories, but maybe one big catch all category for basically anythng you might have lying around the garage... car parts, tools, ramps, unused competitor's detail stuff (heh heh heh :D) and so on. The general rule would be it has to be "garage stuff" so as to keep it from becoming a flea market filled with ironing boards, old cookware, and Jason's Beanie-Baby collection. Thoughts?

Rich

I like it.

Maybe the title should state what it is and where it's at. Like "K&N fipk for 97 F250 - PA"

or "PA - K&N fipk fits 97' f250"

Just so we don't end up with a sea of "for Sale" posts, with beany babies hiding inside.

Should we limit it to car related items? Anything from alternators to engines to car mats? And I think it should only be members who are allowed to sell...........no dealers or spammers.

Should we limit it to car related items? Anything from alternators to engines to car mats? And I think it should only be members who are allowed to sell...........no dealers or spammers.

I like the "members only" idea, too... maybe we say that you need to have a minimum of 25 moderator-approved posts before you can place something for sale -- otherwise we delete the post. I think it would be pretty easy for us mods to keep on top of that.

My original thinking was anything typically found in a garage could be sold... cars, parts, tools. etc. I wouldn't want to strictly limit it to auto stuff, though, because I'm guessing a lot of us have good stuff in the garage that we just don't need anymore. (like power washers, tile saws, generators, power tools, and other stuff we might have bought for some reason/project and no longer need/use).

Rich

• 2 weeks later...