recommended.
Do not use silicone

or wax-based products, or those

containing organic solvents to clean

the vehicle’s interior because they

can alter the appearance by

increasing the gloss in a non-uniform

manner.

Because of the line in red, the wife won't let me touch the seats with ANY leather cleaner/conditioner. I feel quite sure that the Adam's products are not going to harm our seats but is she right or is there info you can give me to help alleviate her fears? :help:

16 answers to this question

My 09 Vette has the two tone leather seats with embroidered Vette emblem and accent stiching. I did the Adams leather conditioner on them and no stains of the stiching or emblem, just a soft leather look and great smell. IMHO just follow the Adams instructions and use the red pad to apply. I don't think you need to worry about it.

The dirty secret that automakers don't want you to know is that unless you pay to have a high end, uncoated hide, aftermarket interior in your car YOU WILL NEVER BE TOUCHING ACTUAL LEATHER.

With the exception of VERY high end applications (Bentley, Rolls Royce, Maybach, etc) the leather used in modern production cars is coated in a clear urethane... think of it as clear coat for your seats. Its serves a few purposes:

1) it protects the low grade leather they use from discoloration and uneven wear

2) it evens out the color and consistency. generic production level hides are lumpy, uneven, scarred, and generally not all that appealing. The reason high end interiors are so much is that they come from cattle raised for their DEFECT FREE hides... they're kept in areas with no thorn bushes, wire fences, or trees so the cows have no damage to their skin - thus the reason PREMIUM hides are so expensive.

So to that end you're really only cleaning this coating and not actual leather. The main attribute you want in a leather product is that is protection... our conditioner offers some of the industries best at an SPF of 65, plus the fact it dries matte and isn't greasy.

I have the utmost respect for my fellow Canucks in Oshawa building the Camaro, but I gotta figure the folks in Maranello building the Ferrari are a little more picky about their interiors, so just show her this pic!

I knew I had seen this picture in the making of the DVD thread that Dylan put up.

img173.jpg

It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission. That being said get out there and do it. When your done you can ask here to reach in her purse and kindly give you your balls back. :lolsmack:JK we all know most wives wear the pants and those that say they dont are lying! Happy wife= Happy life.:thumbsup:

The leather conditioner is great. I use it in my 2010 Camaro weekly. It looks and smells great. It also contains SPF 65 to help protect against harmfull UV rays.

No, they don't but any time I'm in the car with a rag, I get yelled at... YOU'RE NOT USING LEATHER CLEANER ON THE SEATS ARE YOU! (simply because she RTFM). There will come a time that they need cleaned and treated and I'm just looking for a defense for the Adam's cleaner and conditioner that I have laying in wait.

I here ya!:D

First of all your talking about a GM Camaro and GM leather now dont get me wrong I would love to have a new camaro but when their are guys who use the leather cleaner and conditioner on bentleys, ferraris, and other exotic cars your camaro will be just fine. Hell one of the older videos Adam uses both in a ferrari so find it and show her that. Here I did it for you

We have numerous accounts in which we have used both the Adams Leather Cleaner and Conditioner on new 2010 Camaro's and Corvette's. My response to your question would be, go ahead, using Adam's products will be good for your Camaro leather.:)

The interior conditioner is my favorite Adams product so far. Strictly superb. Tell her to trust you this one time and go at it. It will give a very low gloss, make it look well

nourished, and make you're interior smell like it has bentley leather in it

I flipped through the manual for my Genesis when I got it, I know Ray, I know, but there were a couple functions on the stereo I had not figured out.....LOL

It could have been written by the same guy regarding the leather. This just looks like another example of a company doing some CYA. There are a bunch of 2010 owners here, speak up folks!

I applied the cleaner and conditioner to my 20 year old "lunch meat" chair's leather, cheap leather that never looked better.

I have used both on my G8 seats with NO problems at all. They work great. My manual has the some warning. I believe it is just in htere some someone cannot go to GM and say I cleaned my seats with XXX and it damaged my leather that is your fault. Better safe then sorry in their book. Adams products will be fine on your leather.

Do they even need cleaned yet? I would just use Adam's Leather Conditioner.

No, they don't but any time I'm in the car with a rag, I get yelled at... YOU'RE NOT USING LEATHER CLEANER ON THE SEATS ARE YOU! (simply because she RTFM). There will come a time that they need cleaned and treated and I'm just looking for a defense for the Adam's cleaner and conditioner that I have laying in wait.

Do they even need cleaned yet? I would just use Adam's Leather Conditioner.:glasses:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">66.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"> </TD><TD width="46%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's Leather Conditioner</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Catalog No: D008</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Price: $19.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!--var VariantMinimumQty_66_74 = 0;var SelectedVariantInventory_66_74 = 999508;function AddToCartForm_66_74_Validator(theForm) { submitonce(theForm); if ((theForm.Quantity.value*1) < 1) { alert("Please specify the quantity you want to add to your cart"); theForm.Quantity.focus(); submitenabled(theForm); return (false); } submitenabled(theForm); return (true); }//--></SCRIPT><FORM id=AddToCartForm_66_74 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_66_74 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_66_74_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d18%26SEName%3dinterior method=post> </FORM>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Ah, the smell of rich, supple leather! There's nothing quite like it. Keep it that way with Adam's Leather Conditioner. It's the premium interior treatment.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Archived