Customer Service 866.965.0400

A vistor

Guest Luke Warmwater

Guest Luke Warmwater

Came home late tonight barely got up the mountain to the house through 2 feet of snow melted down to 8" of slushy mashed potatos. Been snowing all week up here. Unloaded, came inside and got a bite to eat.

2010051408.jpg

About 15 mins later the snow let up and it was still barely light thought I'd go hike down my trail to the bottom of the mountain real quick before dark get some exercise. Went out and started down the way and noticed something in my car tracks from a few mins earlier.

2010051404.jpg

He was a big boy or girl whatever it was. Prints bigger than my hand fully extended. Had walked right up to the house while I was inside eating not more than a few feet outside the door. I decided to wait until tomorrow for the hike :)

2010051406.jpg

Don't you love Colorado brother??:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hahaha! I remember when I was stationed at Ft. Carson animal control had to come out to tranquilize a bear that treed itself in a pine near the dental clinic. And this was on post. That was an interesting afternoon.

He was a big boy or girl whatever it was. Prints bigger than my hand fully extended. :)

The other evening I decided to leave one of the windows up. I was awaken by a noise. It was a nice bear (sounded like he was in the room with me). He was The bear was about 200~250 yards (my guess).

Guest Luke Warmwater

I don't curse much but tonight... I'm sitting in the chair watching some TV and I catch movement out of my eye at the door 10 feet away. The first thought is who is it. As I look I realize it's big *** bear standing up chewing on the hummingbird feeder. That right there was a primal feeling! For a second you're like what do I do he's less than 10' feet away standing at the front door every bit of 6 feet tall. I go for the bedroom and the gun but have to go right by the door. As I slide by I yell at him, see one paw come down onto the door, thinking ok it's on now. I grab the gun and whip around expecting he's coming through the door any second. Nothing. I slide into the bathroom and look out the window. He's off the porch standing there looking up at me. I slide the window and put the gun on him. I can't shoot him like this so I move off him and fire a round into the ground beside him. He's off like a bullet over the mountain. I fire a few more rounds in his direction as he is high tailing it out of here. I'm glad I didn't shoot him but there for a second when you're face to face it's a very primal feeling of life and death. We briefly looked at each other face to face through the door window. I won't forget that for a long time. Sorry hummingbirds, no more food for awhile lol jimini cricket! That will wake your *** up right freakin now! I'm pretty sure that experience shook both of us pretty good.

Archived