Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray leaving film

Kingsford

Question

Hey guys, am I doing something wrong? I spray a one or two squirts on the car and wipe it off with a microfiber waffle towel but it leaves like a hazy film but if I rub it for awhile it goes away.

25 answers to this question

I used the same towel for the whole truck but every time I started a new section I folded it to a unused part of the towel.

Pick yourself up a bunch of towels. I'm just still a medium-level detailed and I only have about 50. I know people with over 500 MF towels.

Check that post I made on your Facebook.

That is weird as I'm not having any issues like that with Adams detail spray.

Cars garaged, 05 Camry, 70 Austin Mini. Both dark colours. Both cars clean and waxed. Live in NM so maybe humidity issue for those getting a haze with Adams? I also used ds when drying the car, claying, on PC pads and wiped the car down with it after doing the fine machine polish stage before putting on the MSW (which I later covered with buttery as I was not happy with the depth/richness of shine with just the MSW).

Maybe residue on the car causing the haze?

I shake the bottle, give a couple of squirts on a panel, use one side of the folded towel to even the spray out (for want of a better description) and then flip the towel and with just a couple of swipes the panel is slick, clear and clean. Almost an instant type thing.

That is why I just ordered a gallon of Adams detail spray today! :uk:

Wondering, how old is the detail spray you have? Not sure if that would have any effect. Received my first spray bottle this month (almost gone with the detail now done) so would have been fresh as it were.

I have actually gotten better results with the waffle weave towels when using Detail Spray. The plush towels tend to drink up a lot of the product IMHO. The waterless wash towels seem to do a better job evenly distributing the Detail Spray.

Same findings here A.J.

here is what i do:

spray DS sparingly across dry cool surface out of the sun

fold a microfiber towel into quarters and wipe the surface down with one side

flip the towel over for a final wipe down of the surface

move on to the next section of the vehicle, making sure to keep one side of the towel dry for final wipe down

no film and a very clean "just waxed" looking surface!

:iagree:

Though, I prefer Zaino Z-6 as a normal DS over Adam's DS. Just a personal preference. I use Adam's DS for the drying process and claybarring.

here is what i do:

move on to the next section of the vehicle, making sure to keep one side of the towel dry for final wipe down

here is what i do:

I have actually gotten better results with the waffle weave towels when using Detail Spray. The plush towels tend to drink up a lot of the product IMHO. The waterless wash towels seem to do a better job evenly distributing the Detail Spray.

Me thinks you left out a word???

Use Detail Spray with a non-waffle towel for quick detailing, as the waffle towels don't wipe that product off as well.

:thumbsup:

Also, are you using 1 MF towel per section of your vehicle? I really hope you're not DSing your whole truck on 1-2 MF towels.

I"m gonna have to come over and teach you some stuff!

I used the same towel for the whole truck but every time I started a new section I folded it to a unused part of the towel.

Also, are you using 1 MF towel per section of your vehicle? I really hope you're not DSing your whole truck on 1-2 MF towels.

I"m gonna have to come over and teach you some stuff!

I'm only using DS now when I dry the car after a wash: here it works fantastic with the Waffle Weave towel. On a "dry" wipe down the DS would pull lint out of my ("G" companies) Micro Fiber Towels and glue it to the finish. Now, for a "dry" wipe down I go with WCW. Two coats of Americana.

It won't dissolve, wash your car more often instead of giving it a lot of detail spray baths.

Good to know Junkman! This was the first time I have washed this car. We just bought it this week so I dont know how it was washed before. I used the detail spray after using the SHR & Polish on the hood.

I plan on detailing the 150 tomorrow so I'll give what you said a try!

This also happens when you have a build up of wax or polish on the surface. This is why you should always wipe the car down with detail spray after treating it to a polishing or waxing. Wipe it down after every step of your polish or wax routine. At the same time, don't do 20 wipe downs with detail spray everyday because you will then end up with detail spray build up.

It won't dissolve, wash your car more often instead of giving it a lot of detail spray baths.

Archived