Customer Service 866.965.0400

APC and wax

Cygnus

Question

10 answers to this question

don't use the APC regularly to strip wax though.

if you want to strip wax off the car, use Dawn dish soap. just make sure you put some VRT on the plastic molding afterward, cuz dish soap will dry that stuff out.

SOOOOOOOoooooooooooo what you're saying that my freshly waxed wheels will be no more at my next wash?

You could just use car wash soap and water to clean your wheels after you've waxed them (just like you would the paint of the car), if they aren't too dirty. Otherwise, GWC/APC will take the wax off.

don't use the APC regularly to strip wax though.

Was looking to not strip wax. :) Out of curiosity though, why would APC be bad to use regularly? Other than cost since APC is a bit more expensive than dawn.

What are you trying to do Brad?:confused:

I have a few seams, like the clear bra edge, that got a little bit of polish buildup and have the white edge. Was thinking of things like that. Don't really want to strip the wax on the surrounding area though.

Was looking to not strip wax. :) Out of curiosity though, why would APC be bad to use regularly? Other than cost since APC is a bit more expensive than dawn.

I have a few seams, like the clear bra edge, that got a little bit of polish buildup and have the white edge. Was thinking of things like that. Don't really want to strip the wax on the surrounding area though.

I always use a soft bristle tooth brush along the edges of clear bras and vinyl stripes on cars to get rid of build up. I put just a tad bit of Detail Spray on the tooth brush, and brush along the edges, works like a charm. I never use APC on any paint, I guess I just don't wanna take any chances. :2thumbs:

Wouldn't do it! If any strong detergent seeps under the edge of the clear bra it's going to remove the glue that's holding it down. I use the plastic tooth pick from my Swiss Army knife to clean up the edge.

Archived