Customer Service 866.965.0400

10 minutes of APC & VRT on "spare" car.

Mysticine

My "company" car has been in the shop for a few days, requiring me to sign out one of our spare cars. The spare car I signed out was a 2004 with 103,000 miles on it. I'm willing to bet the engine had never been cleaned before. Ever. After I finished cutting the grass today I figured I'd give it a quick once over with some APC, wait for it to dry, then apply some VRT. I spent ~10 minutes total (not including the drying time, which I used to place an Adam's order haha). Yes it's not perfect, but at least the county garage's mechanics will be happy when they have to work on this one again. (I keep my regular car extra clean, I almost wonder if that's why they still have it.) ;) On to the pics:

Before:

before.jpg

After:

after.jpg

WoW Thats amazing! Imagine what it would have been like with a can of the reformulated soon to be released IN & OUT! Woo!

I can't wait for the In & Out to be re-released. I doubt I will use it on my work car though... I'll admit that just under 2 years ago I switched over to Adam's. I still use my "other" stuff on the work car. I save the Adam's for the Vette. :thumbsup:

The pictures actually came out REALLY well. It doesn't look quite as good in person, you can see more of the spots I missed and how it really was just a 10 minute job. :)

Seeing as this is only my car for ~8 days, I'm beginning to think I may have a problem. Some sort of addiction.

Nice job!

I drive a "Company" car for work also. I keep it as nice as our personal DD. Our fleet operater realizes this, and I'm able to have a car equal to a pay grade above mine. He benifits in better resale value and less expense in preparing the car for sale.

Nice job. How much wiping did you do? Did you just spray the APC let it sit and then wipe on the VRT without wiping off the APC?

I used the boar's hair brush and the blonde fender brush. I sprayed the APC all over the underside of the hood and over the entire engine. I let it sit for a minute then just scrubbed it all down real quick with the brushes. Blasted the hood w/ water and did the "spring rain" effect on the engine. I let it dry and just came out with the 50/50 of VRT & water and sprayed everything, then wiped it with the VRT sponge.

I wish the before picture showed how dirty the underside of the hood was. I was very impressed with how much that it cleaned up.

BRZN, you may be onto something. Maybe I can get a newer car if the right person finds out that I actually take care of my car. :D

Archived