Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather Conditioner Frequency?

Nordgrey

Question

Used the leather cleaner and the conditioner for the first time yesterday and was frankly amazed at the dirt the cleaner took up, even off the back seats where no one has ever sat (I don't know anyone I dislike that much that I would offer a drive to. :jester: ).

I hit all the interior surfaces (less the clear stuff etc) with the conditioner and it looks great now.

How ofter should the conditioner be reapplied? Nova Scotia ain't exactly Arizona for average number of sunny days. Do most folks go by a set schedule or just visually by the look of the leather?

7 answers to this question

Ive had my GrandPrix since February and I have applied conditioner to it several times. Its 20 a bottle and the best stuff I have ever used and its my daily driver and I work in warehouse where I sweat and just plain simply heat I want to keep my seats looking as good as I can for as long as I can and if that means using a little more conditioner then so be it. I cant stand leather seats that do not get the proper care they need or deserve and get dried out and start looking like crap.

I usually just go by the look of the leather. I did my whole interior last month, and a few days ago when I went for a second application, I didn't need to do the rear seats or rear door panels because they were still nice and dark and soft, since they are unused and stay out of the sun

When I can't smell it any more!

ha ha, yep.

I typically do mine monthly at a minimum, but if the smells wears off prior to the month, then I usually do it again anyways. Doesn't hurt to be overprotected I guess. This texas heat, even with tinted windows, tends to make the black leather dry pretty quick in a black car.

Archived