Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help with leather conditioner!!!

pharmassive

Question

I've been using Adams products for a few months and the leather conditioner is my favorite. I noticed the slight shine it gave the seats and loved it. I then noticed some fading in the seats. I assumed that it was the seats being sat in or drying out with use. That was the first time. I haven't driven this car in a few weeks (baby in house now), and I condtiomed the interior again while mom and baby nap. These pictures are after 2 coats done a few days apart. Just seems to dry out for no reason. By the way it's in a garage with AC in it and stays around 70 degrees. Sorry for iPhone pic quality.

0abe831c.jpg

9d7cd5a1.jpg

here's what it looks like right after application… freaking perfect. The leather is in pretty decent shape so I don't get the over drying

b4bc03b3.jpg

16 answers to this question

Sweet S60R, btw. :2thumbs: Those things really go!

Imho, it's probably just the quality of the seats themselves. Has the stiching started coming apart on yours, and have you been seeing scaling? Don't want to alarm you here, but Volvo seats are known to be pretty flimsy... I have a lot of friends who are "Swedespeed" enthusiasts and one of the only complaints they have is the quality of the seats.

Stitching is good but there is slight scaling on the drivers seat where it gets rubbed coming in and out. My parents are also volvo drivers and never had a problem and every one else I know with R's that don't have the blue interior have no problems either. It seems just to be the navy leather, from my experiences. Thats my only complain too, also the fact that they are being sold to a chinese company so I cant buy anymore... VOLVO = :banned:

Sweet S60R, btw. :2thumbs: Those things really go!

Imho, it's probably just the quality of the seats themselves. Has the stiching started coming apart on yours, and have you been seeing scaling? Don't want to alarm you here, but Volvo seats are known to be pretty flimsy... I have a lot of friends who are "Swedespeed" enthusiasts and one of the only complaints they have is the quality of the seats.

Just to update: use the red applicator pad. For some reason, I forgot I had it and used a Terry cloth pad for application. Goes on much more even with the red pad. No more problems since I switched.

Applicator pads work great with the conditioner! It took my seats several applications before they looked right. Just keep applying.

I do mine by hand before I garage it for the winter. Rub it in real well. Then I do it as often as I think it needs it in the summer. The heat will dry out that leather/vinyl/whatever real quick.

I realize that they need to soak the conditioner in and it may take a while, but once this is done how often should it be used? I thought I read somewhere that it should only be applied ever six months. My car is not a daily driver and is garaged kept as well as covered.

it took at least 3 apps on mine to get it to start looking how I wanted and they were a couple weeks apart per app. I applied it on a nice day so the leather is warm to the touch but not hot and rub it in by hand let it sit for about 15 min or so and then go back over it again with a foam applicator and conditioner and give them a nice even coat and yes you will see spoting but like everyone else said its just taking in the condtioner. Give it a few more apps and you will be happy.

Pay attention! They're soaking it up at different rates. Just keep applying. It takes some materials several coats until it's moist and supple again. Each fabric is different. Yours just need some more lovin. :thumbsup:

Yep! They're sucking it up! Keep applying.

I've also found taking an MF towel of your choice and slightly misting it with the Adams leather cleaner and wiping down the surface, evens it out.

Chris

I had the same problem on my seats I applied the conditioner by hand, massaging it into the leather. My seats took a whole bottle before they had an even coat on them. Now every time I apply conditioner they are okay. I got upset when spots in my seats kept fading. They just needed more conditioner.

Archived