Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mat Embroidery

Nordgrey

Question

How best to clean up the embroidery (and, yes, I had to spell check that one :jester:) on car mats?

Spray and blot?

My work boots are the most common resident of my floor mats and they can take a beating after a day tearing apart winches and sonars......

9 answers to this question

Yep, I use Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner on mine. You might also invest in the clear textured plastic mats that lay over them. Llyod's makes them to match their mats. They look a little like what grandma might use but they sure save the expensive mats from dirt, wear & tear.

Bruce

I think I would blot with Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner then when you get them clean I would invest in these.

Lloyd Protector Floor Mats, Lloyd Invisible Floor Mats

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#f3f4f5><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">35.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"> </TD><TD width="46%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Catalog No: D011</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Price: $10.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!--var VariantMinimumQty_35_43 = 0;var SelectedVariantInventory_35_43 = 999637;function AddToCartForm_35_43_Validator(theForm) { submitonce(theForm); if ((theForm.Quantity.value*1) < 1) { alert("Please specify the quantity you want to add to your cart"); theForm.Quantity.focus(); submitenabled(theForm); return (false); } submitenabled(theForm); return (true); }//--></SCRIPT><FORM id=AddToCartForm_35_43 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_35_43 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_35_43_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d18%26SEName%3dinterior method=post> </FORM>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Now you see it, now you don’t. That’s what you will love about Adam’s Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD background=/images/box_06.gif> </TD></TR><TR><TD>box_07.gif</TD><TD background=/images/box_08.gif> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yep, I use Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner on mine. You might also invest in the clear textured plastic mats that lay over them. Llyod's makes them to match their mats. They look a little like what grandma might use but they sure save the expensive mats from dirt, wear & tear.

Bruce

:jester: Great minds think alike!!:jester: Check the time of our post.:lolsmack:

I use the Lloyds clear mats for protection. They yellow over time, but for the price, they're easy and cheap to replace every couple years.

In answer to your question, yes, spray and blot. :cheers:

:jester: Great minds think alike!!:jester: Check the time of our post.:lolsmack:

Pretty funny Chris. Glad to see I'm not the only one who uses them too. Every time I see them I think of my Grandma who had the clear plastic slip covers on her sofa. These really save the mats though and make cleaning easy, then on show day I just take them out and brush the carpet with a brush.

Bruce

Pretty funny Chris. Glad to see I'm not the only one who uses them too. Every time I see them I think of my Grandma who had the clear plastic slip covers on her sofa. These really save the mats though and make cleaning easy, then on show day I just take them out and brush the carpet with a brush.

Bruce

I just can't bring myself to put my feet on my carpet mats.:help:

I just can't bring myself to put my feet on my carpet mats.:help:

I was just looking at some sheepskin floor mats with my wife. I don't think she would ever wear shoes in the cars. Except those stilettos... but I digress.

Archived