Customer Service 866.965.0400

My Office this week.

Nordgrey

It lacks some basic amenities, like somewhere to sit or a working head, but the view makes up for it.

My favourite of the day.

CIMG0058-1.jpg

The Bedford Magazine for the east coast fleet. If there are any hunters here, there are a selection of Boone and Crockett deer there. You just have to figure out a way to get them to let you hunt in a place full of explosives.......

CIMG0052-1.jpg

Ever wonder where the gypsum in your sheet rock/wall board comes from? Probably this pile!

CIMG0066-1.jpg

Yup! Theodore Tub Boat......LOL

CIMG0079-1.jpg

Kinda creepy. He followed us around most of the day......

CIMG0094.jpg

Pier 21. Canada's version of Ellis Island.

CIMG0097.jpg

Part of the fleet getting ready for the International Fleet Review next week by Her Majesty, Elizabeth II. Dockyard REEKS of paint......LOL

CIMG0081.jpg

CIMG0082.jpg

HMCS Sackville, the last remaining WWII corvette that were instrumental in winning the Battle of the Atlantic. Still in commission and Canada's national naval memorial.

CIMG0092.jpg

And a bit of the local skyline

CIMG0069.jpg

Very awesome pics! I was up in Victoria last weekend actually. So does the Queen actually have a stroll down to visit?

An interesting fact also is that a lot of the gypsum (not all) in Sheetrock/wallboard/drywall is actually synthetic made as a byproduct of the scrubbing process in coal power plants.

Thanks for all the kind words folks!

The Queen will be reviewing the fleet from one of the ships you saw. Probably the worst kept secret in the Navy at the moment, but I still can't say which....LOL

What we are doing is sidescan sonar imagery of the harbour bottom as part of the pre fleet review secuirty sweep.

And Theodore? It has become a real fixture on the harbour and amoung the tourists. Especially those that grew up watching the show on PBS.

Sorry 'bout that Scott!! :lolsmack:

I hope to get some pics Teresa, but with operations like this, security is so close held, that 12 days before, I still have no idea where, when or if I am required for something....

And yupper, Elizabeth II, Queen, in the Right, of Canada, has been my monarch from the day I was born, and it was to Her that I swore my oath 20 years ago.

Here are a couple more pics from yesterday, today was spent in a fog bank the whole day.

Most of the rest of the skyline.

CIMG0070-1.jpg

Here is wheer the dreaded rail dust starts. Especially if you drive something European.

CIMG0085.jpg

CH-124 Sea King helo, repainted in her original 1960's colours for the review

CIMG0105.jpg

HMCS Corner Brook transiting into home port after some sea trials.

CIMG0103.jpg

And here is an example of what we find. This was found a few years ago on a standard security sweep of the Great Lakes. She is a War of 1812 American naval schooner. The icy fresh water of the lakes has preserved her almost completely intact after she sank in a storm.

trinity_2.jpg

And here is an example of what we find. This was found a few years ago on a standard security sweep of the Great Lakes. She is a War of 1812 American naval schooner. The icy fresh water of the lakes has preserved her almost completely intact after she sank in a storm.

trinity_2.jpg

That pic is really neat.

My High School Science teacher-Tom Farnquist is one who brought up the bell from the Edmond Fitzgerald that sank years ago.

I lived in Slt. Ste. Marie, MI where the Soo Locks is located and I can remember that day like it was yesterday. It was a terrible storm.

I really like maritime info...guess its because I have been surrounded by the Great Lakes all my life?? :2thumbs:

Thanks for sharing such cool pics.

Amazing the difference one knot makes.

We had spec'd out doing the survey of the harbour at 6 knots (about 7 mph) and this would have taken us through Saturday and into Sunday to finish the harbour.

We surveyed at 7 knots ( about 8 mph) and we finished about 3 hours ago. One knot took two full days off the survey.

Now I can give the Gen the full treatment this weekend. Wash, a couple coats of American and finish off with the BSG. The weather is even going to cooperate. About 75 and sunny all weekend!

Archived