Customer Service 866.965.0400

APC + Polished Aluminum?

GlowingBurrito

Question

12 answers to this question

I'd use green wheel cleaner from Adams but the APC will work. Unless your wheels are non oem they will have a clear coat on them. Coat them with some Americana or even better yet MSW and they'll come clean MUCH MUCH easier.

Chris

If they are Polished UNCLEARED Aluminum just use a VERY mild soap and water and dont allow to dry! Adam even says that in the videos, and another member on here has a set of aluminum rims that are now stained and he will have to Re polish to fix..

I had a set of uncoated Aluminum rims before, my advice, a tsp of Adams Carwash in a 32oz spray bottle, and the boars hair or something else SOFT..

Clean, then immediately dry, polish if need be with metal polish then coat with SMW or APW like Chewy said.. :banana:

Woaaaaahhhhh... The "polished" wheels on the camaro are clear coated folks! Don't use APC at full strength! APC 4:1 at the most! I use soap and water only on mine... You have a 2LT like me, so your not generating a overbearing amount of brake dust like the brembos on the SS models.

Just soap and water will suffice. I have used GWC, but it seems to strip the wax from the wheels (maybe Dylan can confirm or deny this) so I prefer a nice coat of Americana or MSW on the wheels, then just a simple wash with adam's shampoo for the next 2-3 months before I re-apply wax.

Archived