Customer Service 866.965.0400

Buttering My Ride Today

8rad

Question

Hey guys gonna wash and butter my car today.

What works better for the butter, I have a adams yellow hand waxing pad and a black adams pc pad.

I'm gonna be using the hand pad regardless for the smaller areas, but should I wax with the pc on my larger panels??

What speed should I wax with, 5000? or 4000?

I want to achieve the best finish I can with the butter.

Thanks

13 answers to this question

I always applied the Buttery wax by hand. I used one of the blue microfiber applicator pads. I will admit, this was sometime back. I did use the PC to remove the wax after it hazed up. I lay a blue plush towel on the surface of the car, place the buffer pad on it and wrap the extra towel around the buffer handle and then let the buffer remove the wax. Just turn the towel a few times and if your vehicle is large it may take a few towels.

Ok thanks, I seen that in the adams video

I have 4 adams double plush micro towels, I will use them. I love them

Gonna wash the car first with adams carswash and adams wash mit to. I love this too

With buttery I'd use the yellow hex grip or one of Adams microfiber applicators.

No need to use the PC as it's SUPER easy to apply by hand.

Did you put down a layer of Machine Super Wax first?

Buttery looks amazing but isn't the best choice for longevity on a DD.

Chris

buttery goes on like butta' ... You may find that with the black PC pad, too much product gets pulled into the pad and not enough on the car. I have the red hex hand pad (which is now the yellow hex hand pad) and it goes on super easy and comes off just as quick. If you're in a rush, I guess you could use the PC.

As far as speed, I think you apply wax on 3 (Junkman or Dylan will correct me if I'm mistaken). You're not doing any correcting, you're just spreading it around evenly and thinly.

Applying Buttery is like giving your car a massage. :rockon:

I love the feel of my car. It has sexy lines.:thumbsup:

WoW! Im going to need a moment of private time!

Yes I got some BW from a friend, and its lovely by hand. Its great for doing under a tree at the park on a beautiful day..

WoW! I'm going to need a moment of private time!

Yes I got some BW from a friend, and its lovely by hand. Its great for doing under a tree at the park on a beautiful day..

So many jokes, but alas this is a family board..... :lol:

Archived