Customer Service 866.965.0400

I Finally Finished (no pun intended)

LinPark

I've been working on this car since I purchased her brand new in April - I've used 100% Adam's products and finished a coat of Americana just before these pics were taken.

picture.php?albumid=371&pictureid=2111

picture.php?albumid=371&pictureid=2110

picture.php?albumid=371&pictureid=2109

picture.php?albumid=371&pictureid=2108

picture.php?albumid=371&pictureid=2107

picture.php?albumid=371&pictureid=2106

picture.php?albumid=371&pictureid=2105

picture.php?albumid=371&pictureid=2104

picture.php?albumid=371&pictureid=2103

picture.php?albumid=371&pictureid=2102

Not long after these pics were taken, she was sitting in a parking lot when it started to rain. :( I'm beginning to think that Adam can control the weather!!!! ;)

Although I think I see a swirl.............nah...just kidding.

Don't even start with me!!! There are still some blemishes on the paint but you have to catch each one just perfect to spot it. Dylan and Junkman well know all the effort I've put in on this car. She has about 1,000 miles on her and that includes the 250 miles I spent bringing her home. After that, I bet I've spent more time detailing her than driving her.

Thanks for all the comments. Here's my new motto even if I did steal part of it:

Adam details for dollars - Junkman details for days - I detail forEVER!!!! :pc::lolsmack:

Don't even start with me!!! There are still some blemishes on the paint but you have to catch each one just perfect to spot it. Dylan and Junkman well know all the effort I've put in on this car. She has about 1,000 miles on her and that includes the 250 miles I spent bringing her home. After that, I bet I've spent more time detailing her than driving her.

Thanks for all the comments. Here's my new motto even if I did steal part of it:

Adam details for dollars - Junkman details for days - I detail forEVER!!!! :pc::lolsmack:

I still need to check out your videos but it looks like you've figured it out already! Now you just need to keep doing what you do! Great job. :2thumbs:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM NICE! :2thumbs:

:drool:I love that color.:drool: The time & effort you put into that finish is definitely worth it. Fantastic results! :cheers:

Curious; one coat of Americana or two?

I used the basic SHR followed by FMP to do the entire car. Two weekends ago I finished up the correction and put on a single coat of MSW. Driving it around that weekend, we had some rain. So the following weekend, I gave her a bath and followed that with a single coat of Americana. Typical Florida weather this time of year so we saw some more rain just this past weekend. Thinking of giving her a bath on Friday evening and using the Brilliant Spray Glaze on Saturday morning to bring her back to that glorious liquid shine.

I used the basic SHR followed by FMP to do the entire car. Two weekends ago I finished up the correction and put on a single coat of MSW. Driving it around that weekend, we had some rain. So the following weekend, I gave her a bath and followed that with a single coat of Americana. Typical Florida weather this time of year so we saw some more rain just this past weekend. Thinking of giving her a bath on Friday evening and using the Brilliant Spray Glaze on Saturday morning to bring her back to that glorious liquid shine.

Don't load up the finish with too much stuff. The wash should be all you need. Remember, keep it simple. :cheers:

Don't load up the finish with too much stuff. The wash should be all you need. Remember, keep it simple. :cheers:

I'm going to try this but I have a question: Why after I wash the car doesn't it feel as smooth as when I just finished putting on a coat of MSW or Americana or BSG? It just seems to me that the smoother the finish feels the better it always looks.

One thing I haven't been doing is using Detail Spray during the final drying phase - is that something that I should consider doing this Friday and will that improve my final product without using a BSG treatment?

I notice a difference drying with DS, but to be completely honest, I am not sure if there is a difference or I am just "seeing" it.

I do find that the DS really breaks down the surface tension of the water, making it a lot easier to finish drying.

I'm going to try this but I have a question: Why after I wash the car doesn't it feel as smooth as when I just finished putting on a coat of MSW or Americana or BSG? It just seems to me that the smoother the finish feels the better it always looks.

Without watching you do your thing, it's hard to say. Mine always feels slick but remember how hard I clay. That is the whole foundation of my shine.

One thing I haven't been doing is using Detail Spray during the final drying phase - is that something that I should consider doing this Friday and will that improve my final product without using a BSG treatment?

Give it a try. Because of the way I dry my car, I don't use detail spray either in the drying process.

Thanks for all the kind words!

I found some before pics - rather than load them all up here and take up space all over the WWW I'm just going to point you to one of my albums on The370Z.Com (my other daily hangout - DUH!) - these really show you the beast I was fighting and keep in mind this was a brand new car straight from the dealer's lot.

Before

Archived