Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using boar's hair brush on paint?

Brent44

Question

First off let me say I haven't been on the forums near as much as I should recently, because I forgot my password and couldn't get it to email me a link to reset it.... ANYWAY

so I'm on another forum with someone who uses Adam's products; however, he uses a boars hair brush (Not Adam's brand) to wash the vehicle. The site and he claim that it does not scratch and works better than a wash pad because the dirt collects up in the hair instead of on the surface as a wash pad would. I'm not trying to advertise another product seeing as Adam's has a boars hair brush also. Just a question as to if anyones heard of this.

8 answers to this question

Most car wash brushes, like the kind at the coop are boars hair... the issue becomes getting the brush fully clean and free of debris. Its 100x easier to detect and remove contaminants from a wash pad than a brush. It technically is a 'paint safe' material, but I certainly wouldn't use one to wash my vehicles.

I don't believe that to be true. A lot of good do it yourself wash bays have Boars hair brushes in them so I used one cautiously once after cleaning it VERY VERY well with the pressure washer side and I still saw scratches where I used it.

I know Adam uses it on his truck in the winter but I will never touch one again.

IMO everything will scratch the surface over time. Wash mits and brushes... Goal is to lube the device, the paint and clean them after every swipe on the paint. It's really the dirt that scratches the paint more than anything.

I'm sure others will disagree with me, but I tried it and was disappointed.

Chris

That I have not heard of, but I would not think to even try it. I will admit the (Adam's) Boars Hair Brush is soft, but it is/was not designed to be used as a car wash brush. You know that once it has the dirt in the fine hairs and you place it on the surface of the car, that same dirt will be in contact with the finish and you know what happens then. I would love to see a picture of AJ (Junkmans) when he reads the OP.

Archived