Customer Service 866.965.0400

Heat transfer on leather seats

randyfox

Question

First of all, I failed for not taking pics. :loser:

A buddy of mine asked me if I could take a look at his wife's leather seats in her '10 Hyundai Santa Fe with tan leather seats. He said they were stained and wasn't sure were it came from. I took my Leather and Interior Cleaner and went to work. Nothing. It looks like whatever was sitting on the seats transferred ink or coloring into the leather and no amount of scrubbing and elbow grease would take it out. Is there a secret to getting something like this out?

In related news, the rest of the seats turned out nice! :2thumbs:

7 answers to this question

if it is ink use aqua net hairspray,i know it sounds funny but it has to be aqua net,the solvents in it will not hurt the leather.i do not know why exactly but i have been to enough classes to know it works! you can use 90% alchohol for any other troublesome stains but try it under the seat back first.hope this helps mike

if it is ink use aqua net hairspray,i know it sounds funny but it has to be aqua net,the solvents in it will not hurt the leather.i do not know why exactly but i have been to enough classes to know it works! you can use 90% alchohol for any other troublesome stains but try it under the seat back first.hope this helps mike

Randy, Post up your results!:thumbsup:

Hairspray. Works every time. But remember that once you get it out, those seats are going to need a good coat or two of conditioner to put the moisture back into the fabric.

First of all, I failed for not taking pics. :loser:

A buddy of mine asked me if I could take a look at his wife's leather seats in her '10 Hyundai Santa Fe with tan leather seats. He said they were stained and wasn't sure were it came from. I took my Leather and Interior Cleaner and went to work. Nothing. It looks like whatever was sitting on the seats transferred ink or coloring into the leather and no amount of scrubbing and elbow grease would take it out. Is there a secret to getting something like this out?

In related news, the rest of the seats turned out nice! :2thumbs:

product called "leather wash" that has been tested heavily on fine bridle/saddle leather if the hairspray does not work. I have had all kinds of stains on all kinds of leather with different grains-and it has always worked. i used it on my 350Z when an ink pen stained my light gray leather and they came out.:banana:

Archived