Customer Service 866.965.0400

Forum Problem

Sublime0546

I don't know if others are having the same problem as I am but it seems since the website was upgraded recently that I cannot mark the forums read and shows me several pages of threads to read even though I visit a couple of times a day. I have tried to logout and log back in and to empty my cache and delete cookies from the website but no luck. Here is the error that I get:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Any suggestions on what is causing this? Thanks.

Its really strange you're having that issue, I even went so far as to create a regular "tester account" without all my forum moderator permissions. It didn't have any issues. I marked forums as read and when I came back and searched "new posts" it didn't display them anymore.

^ That's it. Like I said, I tried deleting all cookies, empty cache, reset safari, updated safari, sign out of my account and nothing seems to have worked. It all seems to have started when it was mentioned there were some website upgrades happening and that the forum would be unavailable.

I know that that was an issue on vBulletin 3.8.5 but from what I recall reading a couple of weeks ago is that they fixed it in 3.8.6 which is what you guys are running on now. Either way they actually have released a small snippet of code that can be replaced to resolve this issue.

Where are you going to Mark forum read? Here ?<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD class=vbmenu_control id=usercptools style="CURSOR: hand" unselectable="true" state="false">Quick Links<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("usercptools"); </SCRIPT> menu_open.gif </TD><TD class=vbmenu_control></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

it worked for me too--never go back to the main page really as I just have the new posts section as a favorite so that is why i use the quick links at the top because there is no option to mark forums read at the bottom there, it is only on the main page.

Archived