Customer Service 866.965.0400

Will I end up denting my hood?

iiiJEFFiii

Question

14 answers to this question

Never had that problem. Sounds like you are applying to much pressure.

Actually, in certain spots, it only takes a very minimal amount of pressure to make the hood dent in. The hood isn't very sturdy. It's actually quite flimsy. But nevertheless, I don't want to end up denting it.

I've never had this problem on a hood but did experience it on the top of my mom's 09 Corolla. This was even without applying pressure. The first time it did this I was pressing down lightly. The second time as an experiment I simply turned the PC on an "walked" it out to the middle of the roof, only holding the unit where the power chord goes into the base. The roof buckled again with nothing more than the weight of the buffer + gravity. I called it quits there and did the rest of the roof by hand.

That happens on my old Lexus, but haven't got any problems on my truck. :/ seems your being aggressive? Haha

Keep this if things didn't pop back..

95247986.jpg

Just kidding. =)

Don't forget that when using this method you may need a little silicone or super glue to seal the plunger to the body panel.:lol:

Hmm... is this on the G35 in your sig? I've polished more than a few and never had them do that. The roof occasionally, but never the hood.

Same goes for the roofs of most trucks. They'll bow in under minimal pressure, but never so much that they don't immediately pop back out.

I have this problem on the roof of my truck. So flimsy. Like mrvette said, the weight of the PC would get the roof to cave in. It always poped back out though. I didnt really worry about it denting. I did my whole roof with the PC and my roof is still flat.

I think youll be fine but do what you feel confortable with.

Hmm... is this on the G35 in your sig? I've polished more than a few and never had them do that. The roof occasionally, but never the hood.

Same goes for the roofs of most trucks. They'll bow in under minimal pressure, but never so much that they don't immediately pop back out.

Yeah, for the G35 in my sig. I dont really have the problem on my roof. Maybe because I have the sunroof so there isnt much area on the roof. As for the hood, it bows in very similar to the way you described it does on most trucks. I'm just afraid it's not immediately going to pop back out. None of the hoods on any of the G35's you've done do this?

I have this problem on the roof of my truck. So flimsy. Like mrvette said, the weight of the PC would get the roof to cave in. It always popped back out though. I didnt really worry about it denting. I did my whole roof with the PC and my roof is still flat.

I had this happen on my F150, talk about a sphincter tightening moment of terror. It popped right back up though. That roof was a flat field of sheet metal. My neighbors Tundra has ridges running front to back and that roof is just plain stout.

I had this happen on my F150, talk about a sphincter tightening moment of terror. It popped right back up though. That roof was a flat field of sheet metal. My neighbors Tundra has ridges running front to back and that roof is just plain stout.

LOL :lol:

I have also had this problem on the hood of a 2006 Cadillac STS. I was so worried that I was going to dent it for good when I wasn't putting any pressure on the PC. So I just did the roof by hand and turned out great, customer was very happy.

Archived