Customer Service 866.965.0400

SVRT and Matt Finish Wheels

Nordgrey

Question

My matt finish wheels are not exactly friendly with GWC. I still use it each wash, since nothing removes the road grime and brake dust like GWC.

The problem is it leaves a dull whitish haze behind. So I decided to hit the wheels with SVRT since wax on a matt wheel is kind of pointless and didn't work when I first tried it.....LOL

I hit the face of the wheels with the SVRT and sliced about half an inch off of a foam block, sprayed it with a 50/50 mix of the original VRT to reach in and fit around the discs and get the barrel.

Before,

CIMG0003-2.jpg

After,

CIMG0002-2.jpg

And the overall, before up front, after in the rear.

CIMG0001-1.jpg

19 answers to this question

Quick update.

I have washed the car a couple times since, but today was the first time I redid the wheels with GWC.

The SVRT is still holding up! No dull white residue on the rims after the GWC this time.

That was three weeks ago! This stuff might even be bullet proof.

:thumbsup: great info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick update.

I have washed the car a couple times since, but today was the first time I redid the wheels with GWC.

The SVRT is still holding up! No dull white residue on the rims after the GWC this time.

That was three weeks ago! This stuff might even be bullet proof.

Great minds think alike?

Fools seldom differ?

LOL

I made my discovery partly by accident. I was thinking about trying the SVRT on them and then it slipped my mind. As I applied it to the tires I got some on the rim and the light bulb came back on.

Makes sense really. If SVRT makes flat materials like plastic trim and rubber pop, it should do the same for a matt finish.

Funny you should post this... I made the discovery this week at HAN that SVRT is a great way to even out and darken a matte black paint stripe on an old Mustang hood. We tried all kinds of stuff to clean it up then the light bulb came on. Grabbed the SVRT, a foam block and applied it to the hood - came back and hit it with a dry towel to knock down the shine and it was perfect!!

Have you tried I&O? May be a quicker way to the same result...

It will be here Wednesday. ;)

I am definetly going to try it, but even with the SVRT it was only about 5 minutes per wheel, so not too bad at all.

Have you tried using GWC 50/50 with water? I wonder if diluting it would stop the spots.

I rarely need to use anything stronger than Adam's Car Wash in a foaming spray bottle to clean my wheels and GWC 50/50 for the tires.

Archived