Customer Service 866.965.0400

supra from hell, detail work and hail damage fix.

Faze

Some history on the car...

Its a 1998 Toyota Supra TT. Only has 40kish miles. Garage kept etc... My buddy buys it from some old guy. Well he drops it off to a shop to do a lot of upgrades. Only to see why he should have listened to other people. Should have taken it straight to boost logic end of story. Nope...

Well the shop was next to a place that does media blasting, the shop was careless of the car, never brought it in at night time etc... It was covered in all kinda dirt. Well the shop owner decides hes gunna "detail" the car him self with his pos 40 dollar buffer from walmart. The paint was 90% perfect till he got his hands on it. So many scratches so many swirls. I even sent Dylan a pic of it a while back. It was gunna be a challenge for even the Adam's Products.

The other thing the shop failed to do was bring the car in at night mainly when we had 2 batches of hail storms come through san antonio a few months ago. So the car at that point was ruined so we thought.

My buddy Dentless Dave has been a forever fan of Optimum products. Since Im a texas dealer for Adam's Ive given him a few things to try. Needless to say its almost a 80% conversion :D He ends up wanting to buy what I give him as well.

Heres what a Local detailer/paintless dent removal guy did.

Many of you have heard the story behind this car and as unfortunate as the situation is, this thread is to show you that there can be a light at the end of the tunnel, even when the odds seem bleak.

This story takes place over 6 long, hot, and hard days and the results are very impressive. I'll cut it down for the sake of not boring you with every exact detail, but it will serve as an example of what can be accomplished with a lot of work and the products that I used.

Adam's Products used:

Adam's Swirl and Haze Remover

Adam's Leather and Interior Cleaner

Adam's Leather Conditioner

Adam's Super VRT

Adam's Americana Wax

Adam's Blue Plush Microfiber

Other misc. products used:

Optimum Polish II

Optimum No Rinse

Lake Country Foam Polishing Pads

First things first, using Optimum No Rinse, I washed the vehicle where it sat in the garage.

1ebcaac8.jpg

I then counted and circled the dents on the hood and roof. There were about 200 or so on the hood alone. To make matters worse, the hood and roof were aluminum which makes the repair a little more tricky because the metal isn't as forgiving as steel when doing Paintless Dent Repair.

You can see a few of the dents on the roof in this pic.

b8d26080.jpg

Photographing hail is tricky because you need to get it in the right lighting, but you get the idea by the circles on the roof. Note: This is only half of the roof....

After 3 long days of working the hail out, it was time to look at the paint and determine the extent of the damage done by improper care.

2b8082f2.jpg

Using the flash from my camera and a 500 watt shop light, I got the full idea of what i was up against...

b8277062.jpg

f56c5342.jpg

a44cebfd.jpg

a92b70a1.jpg

3287a4a6.jpg

I started on the right side of the vehicle just testing the Adam's S$H Remover and after a little while on a yellow pad, the swirls were broken down quite a bit:

b7d2a5be.jpg

I did 4 total steps using Adam's Swirl and Haze Remover and Optimum Polish. Stepping down my pads and speed on the polisher, I achieved a very nice finish.

Before:

c690bb3c.jpg

After:

9018918e.jpg

Before:

e37d61ec.jpg

After:

0f7b3dd5.jpg

Once the paint was finally finished, I topped it off with Adam's Americana. Americana did a great job of brightening the paint to give it that extra pop.

2a467114.jpg

0d5d819e.jpg

c78162dc.jpg

and of course the interior shot:

75b0bf46.jpg

All in all, it was a long, tedious job. I really enjoyed having the pleasure of working on this car again....even though it was under such unfortunate circumstances.

holy $

Id have ended up in jail if somebody did that to my car and didn't cop the 10k to repair and repaint the entire car.

however it looks 1000000000x better after your buddy finished up.

It came VERY close to making it into a legal issue with that shop. What took them 3 months to do. Boost Logic did it in a week, and with in that week the clutch was replaced (425hp at teh wheels)

Ya that's a FAST car. Im guessing low 11's high 10's on drag radials?

Waiting for cooler weather so we can go out there and see what it can do. His goal is if he can get it into low 12s he will be very happy. We just broke into 100 degree weather and its been killer out.

Ya that's a FAST car. Im guessing low 11's high 10's on drag radials?

You've clearly never heard the old adage about Supras.

"What's the difference between a 400hp Supra and a 1000 hp Supra? Nothing they both run 12s." true story. lol

Amazing correction on the car.

"What's the difference between a 400hp Supra and a 1000 hp Supra? Nothing they both run 12s." true story. lol

True story indeed. I was on a Colorado based message board with a few big number Supras with that same issue. It was all about highway roll-runs for them. :lolsmack:

It's all in the driver ;).

I'd prefer AWD for a 1/4 car anyway

I can cut better 60' times then AWD cars at the track. It's all about set up and AWD is extremely over rated. It let's bad drivers get the hole shot against other bad drivers. The good drivers in AWD, especially in a well set up car will roast the AWD guys outta the hole. Not to mention I don't know how many hot shot EVO and STI drivers I've seen roast a clutch trying to launch like a super star.

Back to Supras though one time back when my Camaro was still alive I ran a 1000hp Supra at Gateway in a grudge match style competition. It was a best of five and I was just toying with him. After the first run when I went 9.55 and he went 11.99 I decided to peddle him the next two runs just to rub it in. I didn't even spray the last run. lol The guy was so ****y pre race, and he wouldn't even shake my hand and tell me good race by the end. :loser:

• 2 weeks later...

:jawdrop: Holy $! amazing results on the Supra. By far my favorite car.

3213121275_9f9a0484f6.jpg

Archived