Customer Service 866.965.0400

My 3 step recovery program w/Metro Vac

Captain Slow

Question

This past week my two year old twins have shared a cold. They then decided it was my turn. After two days of laying low I'm feeling better and decided it was time to face my detailing weakness: I HATE DOING INTERIORS!

There I've said it. I've admitted my problem and now I'm on my road to recovery.

Step one: Admit problem. Check.

Step two: Buy Adam's Vac n Blo 500 by MetroVac. Check.

398.jpg

Step three: Wait. Check.:mail:

Full report with pics to follow in about a week....

20 answers to this question

Just for comparison to the doubters:

Features:

• 500 watts of power with a new state of the art fan enclosed motor (110 volts at 4.5 amps)
  • The 500 series produces 60” of water lift ( sealed suction measurement) yet weighs 3 lbs. 70 CFM
  • Pound for pound, the most powerful Hand Vac/Blower on the planet
  • All steel construction with Black powder coat finish
  • Complete set of vacuum / blower attachments
  • Best of all it’s MADE IN THE USA!
  • Five year motor warrantee

"Water lift" otherwise known as Sealed Pressure represents how far up a glass tube a vacuum motor will lift a column of water and is a useful way of measuring a vacuums suction capability.

For a point of reference most full size shop vacs don't have 60" of water lift... that should give you a very good point of reference on how powerful this little guy is. It has WAY more suction than my Craftsman shopvac which is roughtly 5x the size.

Sounds Very impressive Dylan.

I have a 12Gallon "SHOP VAC/Heavy Duty" (4.5amps) model thats 4.5H.P,do you know how this one is compares to the vac/blower ( METRO HRS-83BA) Adams offer's?

I just don't know if the $280.00 price tag justifies the switch (at this time).

Thanks,

And Paul, not only the dirt of public vacuums, the stench!!:willy:

What, you don't enjoy smelling someone else's old vomit?!? :willy: J/K

Well it looks like the interior detail and report has been delayed. In all the "another Adam's package is coming!" excitement I somehow overlooked these key words: Ships separately. DOH! The package with the carpet cleaner did show though. At this rate I'll probably have at least one of every Adam's products by year end. :banana:

35.jpg

Now back to looking on the porch every hour or so.:mail:

"all the while having to make sure you are not pulling too far and driving the full size into the side or scraping down a quarter panel when you give a tug on the hose."

This is precisely why I ordered it. My last vacuuming involved Dyson tipping over twice. Both times it missed our vehicles, but I wasn't going to let it happen a third time. The other reason is I don't like going to the car wash and using that big ugly DIRTY hose that the community at large has been using to suck up who knows what. :eek:

Chris, the Vac N Blo 500 (ie the small one) was in my very first order, so I have about five months use out of it so far.

All I can say is that it is exactly as advertized. Maybe even a little better. The size of this little beast and it's suction make it a no brainer for me. It will suck up any dirt and dust in the car and not be a royal pain in the backside moving it around while doing it. That's the thing, it is right there in the car with you. No lugging a full size out and then having to move it around the car to reach all the spots, all the while having to make sure you are not pulling to far and driving the full size into the side or scraping down a quarter panel when you give a tug on the hose.

It's tiny nozzle attachement gets used for drying all the time now for where ever two body parts meet. Zap, out goes the water that you otherwise find dripping out an hour later.

If I have a beef with it, it is very minor one. The ON/OFF switch is of the temporary contact type. That means it can actually be turned on when you plug it in. Twenty years repairing electronics has not made me a fan of this. I would prefer a toggle type. But even that is pretty much negated by the placement of the switch. It is right next to the handle, so it is almost impossible to accidently put it in the ON position when you lay it down as the handle prevents it. Slick little piece of engineering imho.

The fact that you pointed out:

"all the while having to make sure you are not pulling to far and driving the full size into the side or scraping down a quarter panel when you give a tug on the hose."

Is enough for me to place my order tomorrow.

Thank You for putting this into perspective for me!

:cheers:

Brilliant Paul! I was actually kicking myself this weekend when I was thinking of my labor day order. I purchased the premium foam gun kit (which I'm sure I will love) but I think I would have been better served buying your vacuum than the foam gun, and then getting all the extra stuff in the premium kit individually. D'oh!

Anyway, I think this little vacuum is going to be my X-mas present to myself. With some gift card help from my family and my fiancee's family that is!

Chris, the Vac N Blo 500 (ie the small one) was in my very first order, so I have about five months use out of it so far.

All I can say is that it is exactly as advertized. Maybe even a little better. The size of this little beast and it's suction make it a no brainer for me. It will suck up any dirt and dust in the car and not be a royal pain in the backside moving it around while doing it. That's the thing, it is right there in the car with you. No lugging a full size out and then having to move it around the car to reach all the spots, all the while having to make sure you are not pulling to far and driving the full size into the side or scraping down a quarter panel when you give a tug on the hose.

It's tiny nozzle attachement gets used for drying all the time now for where ever two body parts meet. Zap, out goes the water that you otherwise find dripping out an hour later.

If I have a beef with it, it is very minor one. The ON/OFF switch is of the temporary contact type. That means it can actually be turned on when you plug it in. Twenty years repairing electronics has not made me a fan of this. I would prefer a toggle type. But even that is pretty much negated by the placement of the switch. It is right next to the handle, so it is almost impossible to accidently put it in the ON position when you lay it down as the handle prevents it. Slick little piece of engineering imho.

This is not the vacuum Dylan is referring to, which is $280.00:

400.jpg

The one Dylan is referring to and that FedEx is delivering to me tomorrow :mail: is this one, which is $79.95:

398.jpg

Just making sure we're all on the same page in this discussion. Thanks for the product info Dylan.

BTW: Saturday's forecast is for rain so my interior will get detailed this weekend and a report with pics will follow.

My Bad.:lolsmack:

I am considering the larger of the two.Please let us know how ya like it?

Sounds Very impressive Dylan.

I have a 12Gallon "SHOP VAC/Heavy Duty" (4.5amps) model thats 4.5H.P,do you know how this one is compares to the vac/blower ( METRO HRS-83BA) Adams offer's?

I just don't know if the $280.00 price tag justifies the switch (at this time).

Thanks,

This is not the vacuum Dylan is referring to, which is $280.00:

400.jpg

The one Dylan is referring to and that FedEx is delivering to me tomorrow :mail: is this one, which is $79.95:

398.jpg

Just making sure we're all on the same page in this discussion. Thanks for the product info Dylan.

BTW: Saturday's forecast is for rain so my interior will get detailed this weekend and a report with pics will follow.

Just for comparison to the doubters:

Features:

• 500 watts of power with a new state of the art fan enclosed motor (110 volts at 4.5 amps)
  • The 500 series produces 60” of water lift ( sealed suction measurement) yet weighs 3 lbs. 70 CFM
  • Pound for pound, the most powerful Hand Vac/Blower on the planet
  • All steel construction with Black powder coat finish
  • Complete set of vacuum / blower attachments
  • Best of all it’s MADE IN THE USA!
  • Five year motor warrantee

"Water lift" otherwise known as Sealed Pressure represents how far up a glass tube a vacuum motor will lift a column of water and is a useful way of measuring a vacuums suction capability.

For a point of reference most full size shop vacs don't have 60" of water lift... that should give you a very good point of reference on how powerful this little guy is. It has WAY more suction than my Craftsman shopvac which is roughtly 5x the size.

60" of lift is more than you get from a lot of full size in home upright vacuums... something like Dyson I believe only produces 50".

I think my 2nd biggest surprise when I got my Metro Vac was how small it was. I was like what the hell is this? LOL My BIGGEST surprise was how powerful the dang thing was. I love mine and it is totally worth the money and saving the hassle of dragging out the house vacuum or shop-vac out every time. I even caught my wife using it to clean the floor in our pantry up. HAH

This past week my two year old twins have shared a cold. They then decided it was my turn. After two days of laying low I'm feeling better and decided it was time to face my detailing weakness: I HATE DOING INTERIORS!

There I've said it. I've admitted my problem and now I'm on my road to recovery.

Step one: Admit problem. Check.

Step two: Buy Adam's Vac n Blo 500 by MetroVac. Check.

398.jpg

Step three: Wait. Check.:mail:

Full report with pics to follow in about a week....

Please do share your results,this is going to be my next purchase :cheers:

Archived