Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which towel do you like best for DS?

CamaroSS

Question

Just curious....When I go to wipe off the DS with the double plush towel...it has a tendency to stick. It gives me that "its catching the paint and scratching" feeling...

Anyone else have this? Or Recommendations? I know some use the waffle weave instead...Thx

17 answers to this question

Like Adam has said in the past... You CAN use bleach. I've done it with NO side effects. I've done it ONCE and that's it so far. I ONLY use it for cross color contamination to see if it'd work. It did help. I don't care what color my towels are or turn. I have too much to do to worry about that.

Chris

Does the detail spray (if sprayed onto the white double plush towels) stain the towels? I am nervous about using these blazing white towels for anything but Americana.

I'm pretty fanatical about washing all my white MF with only white MF. I'm actually pretty crazy about washing MF in general.

My breakdown -

Whites - by themselves

Quality colored MF

MF Washmitts

Crappy MF

Foam applicators - yea I machine wash them. (Never machine wash polishing pads though)

Yea I know, I'm crazy like that - I grade my MF towels. As soon as a towel gets soiled it gets demoted to wheel / engine / door jamb duty.

Does the detail spray (if sprayed onto the white double plush towels) stain the towels? I am nervous about using these blazing white towels for anything but Americana.

Use all you want, they will make more...

Originally Said by Dylan@Adams viewpost.gif

Theres no 'right' or 'wrong' in this... do what works best for your individual situation... I'm just putting the technical reasons why one might be a better option than another.

And I thought this was a pop quiz for a $25. credit.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">494.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"> </TD><TD width="46%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> + 45.jpg = Shine!:drool:</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My personal opinion:

Plush is better for DS b/c its not absorbent. You have to remember that DS has a gloss enhancing agent in it, if you use an absorbent towel like the waterless towel less of that glossing agent is deposited on the surface as its sucked back into the towel.

Treat using DS with a plush as a 2 step... spread the DS with one side of the towel, then flip the towel and gently buff until the finish is even looking.

Archived