Customer Service 866.965.0400

I've heard of dealer-installed swirls, but this is ridiculous

GerryC

Courtesy of Bob's Buick-Pontiac-GMC of Milford, CT

bobsofmilford1.jpg

bobsofmilford2.jpg

bobsofmilford3.jpg

somebody backed into my front bumper while my car was parked waiting to be serviced. They worked on my car after it was hit and did not tell me about it until 5 hours after it had occurred.

The service manager seemed genuinely embarrassed, but his staff clearly could not care less, especially the guy who I spoke with on the phone after it had been hit but before I was told about it.

They would be putting a new bumper cover on my car. If they do not fix it just post it up on all the forums, send it to autoblog and jalopnik and they will fix it for sure. The bad rap that can be drummed up on the internet today almost overnight should help to persuade them to fix it.

They will be paying for the repair of the damage... right?

:explode:

Heres my take on how it went down

Bob - "Hey Joe, whats that horrible noise?"

Joe - "I dont know it sounds like plastic scraping across plastic"

Bob - "Did I back into something?"

Joe - "I dont think so just keep backing up!"

Bob - "Oh man what happened there?"

Joe - "Should we call him and tell him we were negligent?"

Bob - "Lets give it 5 hours we need to change his oil first"

Gerry I hate that for you! Bummer:mad:

That is the very reason I don't like to take my car in for anything.

I would rather take a beaten!

Is it just the bumper cover? If so, if it were me I would take it off myself and just take it (cover)to be fixed not the car.

Or you will end up with another mess.:willy:

Just keep hounding them until it fixed right.

I left my Corvette at the dealer to fix and they scratched the H-E double hockey sticks out off one of my factory magnesium rims. These rims are $1500 a piece and come from Italy. After almost two months they finally fixed it.

Dealerships, can't live with them....can't live without them :confused:

heads already rolled. unfortunately the bumper is cracked and I don't know if it's fixable or if I need a new one. The front fender might need to be replaced too, as the gap between it and the hood is significantly wider (i.e. I can stick my finger in there) than the other side. Also the black plastic around the fog lights popped out and won't pop back in, and it's scraped in the corner.

I'm going to take it to the same body shop where I had the corvette's rocker panels repainted last year. He's friends with my dad and does an amazing job.

I am sorry this happened to you-it really sucks. they need to replace the bumper AND give you something for your troubles and their omission of telling you immediatley! Called service recovery, my friend. you may not feel like ever taking it back there but it is the gesture that counts...10 free oil changes -oil of choice, at least.

Man, that just sucks!

Makes me appreciate my dealership all the more. When they dinged my brand new wheel, they got a hold of me almost immediately. I say almost, because the first person they called was the guy who repairs alloy wheels for them to come pick it up and get it right.

turns out that the paint on the underside of the front left fender above the wheel is cracked, so that whole panel needs to be repainted as well. body shop quote was $1,753 for everything. bringing it back to him monday and it should be done by wednesday. the other guy's insurance co has been surprisingly cooperative so far. let's hope it stays that way, because i'm not paying for anything.

tried for the gxp bumper and it was a no-go :( i would have paid the difference

Archived