Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

At lunch time today my wife pointed out a scuff on the right rear door in the boo-boo van's flawless (for now) finish. I hit the door with Waterless Wash followed by clay bar. Then the 4" pad on the DA polisher with some polish made for a quick repair. I then coated the door with two coats of Quik Sealant. 

Dang bro, when do you find the time? Doesn't the ASM shop at Tinker work?

We stay pretty swamped with our 60 year old aircracft here at McConnell. I don't have much time to do much else outside of the Air Force, detailing and 2 kids. Things will be slowing down soon. I can't turn down a ZL1, CTSV wagon and 1 of only 133 GT2 RS Porsche's in the U.S. I just had to make it work this week.

We stay pretty swamped with our 60 year old aircracft here at McConnell. I don't have much time to do much else outside of the Air Force, detailing and 2 kids. Things will be slowing down soon. I can't turn down a ZL1, CTSV wagon and 1 of only 133 GT2 RS Porsche's in the U.S. I just had to make it work this week.

Yeah, I wouldn't turn that down either...awesome work!

DaytonaJae and I worked on a 'brand new' C4.  The weather was poor so I could not take it outside for any decent pictures, but here is the back of the Torch Red Corvette.

68Chevelle5026_zps1259aaf0.jpg

The finish was not in bad shape, but had some swirls, a few scratches, and some marring from a partially successful claying session.  

We used Adam's MF pads + Paint Correcting Polish, and followed that with Paint Finishing Polish + white foam pads.  This really cleaned up the paint!  We topped it with the 'face melter' combo of BG and Americana. 

The owner was blown away, and very pleased that we were able to remove some old 'garage uh-oh' scratches.  

I am going back to soon to polish the area under the front emblem, so I will try to plan that for a sunny day!

I washed the uber filthy G8 and while drying discovered spots of cooking oil (?) on the hood and left front quarter panel. It left the white single soft with no visible dirt on it so that's why I'm guessing cooking oil. While I was out there and the sun was shining I clayed the front end then applied Quik Sealant X2.

Washed all 3 vehicles today.  I don't mind my DD and driver and the wife's DD, but that truck takes so long to wash.  Too much surface area.  Kinda wish I had some help to make it go quicker, but the wife tells me I'am too picky….lol.

You need some Rinseless Wash!  20 minutes washed and dried for our Accord! 

My truck!  I did a regular wash on the wheels and tires, then used Rinseless on the paint.  I did the tonneau cover first - soaked a terry work towel in the RW wash bucket, then wiped down the cover, using 4 different sections of the towel.   

I took the booboo van to the spray it yourself place and gave it a proper two bucket wash followed by a Detail Spray wipedown. All three vehicles are now shining in the sun or garage guaranteeing a snowy/rainy week ahead. ;)

Note: I needed a little quiet time otherwise I'd have used Rinseless Wash in the garage. Aaaahhhh peace and quiet!

Edited by sportredmistress