Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using detail spray on fresh paint

crazycody93

Question

As the title says, I'm wondering how soon you can use detail spray on fresh paint? I have a friend who picked up some detail spray, and his car just came back from paint about a week ago. He is eager to use it, but doesn't want to ruin his paint job he just spent quite a bit of money on.

9 answers to this question

I would use Waterless Wash to keep it clean until the paint is done outgassing, some 90 days after it was sprayed.  Like Chewy mentioned, you could end up trapping pores with the DS because of it's wax boosting technology...which could lead to some horrible paint issues.

You may also want to avoid any dressing of the trim. And avoid using In and Out spray or any other product that is aerosolized. When applying you may miss and get some on the paint. Polymers (especially silicone) will surely cause some issues.

I would use Waterless Wash to keep it clean until the paint is done outgassing, some 90 days after it was sprayed.  Like Chewy mentioned, you could end up trapping pores with the DS because of it's wax boosting technology...which could lead to some horrible paint issues.

YES!  Great input Mook!