Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car is at the Dealer

SYMAWD

What's funny is that every valet, advisor, and manager walked by my car and then took a step back and stared at the sign.  

The worst part is that they promised me a loaner and then when I get there I couldn't get one because I'm not 25.  So now their shuttle driver is making relatively long trips just for me and if it's not done tomorrow like they promised, I guess I'll be seeing the driver at 7 AM Saturday to take me to work.  Living 20 miles from the dealer and another 20 miles from work isn't fun when you have to rely on someone else.

I think I was more into staring at how clean your interior was then the sign lol.

Have you ever had a passenger in there? 

Very clean!

Thanks. Occasionally I have passengers. The whole interior is always that clean except for the driver's side floor mat because you know, life.

Good going.  I do the same thing.  Also I make sure my service advisor knows to put a note in the system saying the same thing!

There was a note on my work order too and I didn't even have to ask. My advisor certainly got the sign.

The good news is it came back just as dirty as I brought it in.  It's been raining a lot and I honestly don't have much time to wash it.

The bad news is that the rim they refinished isn't perfect.  Forget about the swirls because soft black paint on rims is just something I don't have time for.  Notice how the spoke at 9 o'clock isn't smooth as well as the 2 large dimples on the black part at the bottom right.  So they are going to give it another go next week as the service manager agreed that I was right not to be happy with them.

IMAG0132_zpsethi5gvv.jpg

On a good note, my favorite parking spot was open.  Extra wide and in a corner.

IMAG0135_zps476d26d1.jpg

Too bad about the wheel.  Keep us posted.

MINT parking spot!!!

I'll post an update next Friday. I've seen refinished machined wheels and they certainly should be better than what I got. It just sucks I can't get a loaner because Thursday and Friday are the only days I can be without a car.

All that for a wheel?  Why can't they just take the wheel off the car and give you a winter wheel and tire setup to run around on.  Then your not without your car.

Their only suggestion was for my parents to make the hour trip to the dealer, take a loaner and then I take my parents' car.  Their other brilliant suggestion was that I make my 40 mile a day commute to work on the temporary wheel.  Instead I'm just having their shuttle drivers take me back and forth.  

Honestly they could just put me in a car with a dealer tag because fleet insurances typically only have an age restriction of 18, but they won't do it because then they are technically liable instead of my insurance.  I agree it's ridiculous, but I guess I don't have much of a choice at this point.

WIN on the parking spot, I do that all the time at our local mall.

My wife loves when I beeline at 35 mph to a back corner of the parking lot for a spot haha!

I've also found that having the "NO WASH" sign done in Spanish too is also helpful for our non-English speaking dealership staff :)

WIN on the parking spot, I do that all the time at our local mall.

My wife loves when I beeline at 35 mph to a back corner of the parking lot for a spot haha!

I've also found that having the "NO WASH" sign done in Spanish too is also helpful for our non-English speaking dealership staff :)

A win for me would have been a wall to the right side of my car, opening the space to my left. Less likely a passenger door gets opened than the driver side. But, I'm a little crazy -:)

A win for me would have been a wall to the right side of my car, opening the space to my left. Less likely a passenger door gets opened than the driver side. But, I'm a little crazy - :)

Yeah, but I back in 99% of the time.  Usually there's an Accord Coupe that backs in next to me, but it's rare for these 2 spots to be open.

So here is part 2:

Again, they did not wash it.  As for the wheel, it's 90% better than last time as seen here:

IMAG0162_zpsfa4dvvih.jpg

However, as you can see here, just below the black part, it's still not quite perfect, but I was okay with it so I went in to pay:

IMAG0163_zps8csiojnz.jpg

But strangely there was no charge so I went back and asked what I owed.  The manager came over and said he knew I would still notice that little spot so there was no charge.  Now that is a stand up dealer.  Who else would turn down payment?  If I want it 100%, I'll let the guys where I work take care of it.

So if you need an honest Honda dealer in NJ, Hamilton Honda is the place to go.

As for the swirls in the wheels, I just throw on some BG and QS because let's be honest.  They'll just get swirled again as they turn through the snow this winter.

Edited by SYMAWD

I completely am with you with the whole wheels situation. I try to be careful washing mine. But as dirty as they get with all the brake dust and road grime i have only ever waxed them once. Maybe one day i'll do a full clean with them off. Until then, its my daily/race car.