Customer Service 866.965.0400

Undercarriage Nightmare

Sac

Question

Welcome to the under side of my 2014 GMC Sierra… It is a very thin layer of mud/concrete. I got it on my truck driving through a wet sections where they was re-paving. I got it off my wheels as it was only little specs(Still took elbow grease). But this I've tried direct pressure washer, the hardest brush I have and loads of detail spray with a microfiber and is not budging. I'm out of ideas...

GMCDirt_zpsdd1bc04d.jpg

20 answers to this question

If a scrub brush does not work, I would think you are going to have to use a plastic scraper or plastic razor blade and then try and polish out the scratches.  If you can't get the scratches out, then you could spray a coat of bed liner on the bottoms of the rockers.

My thinking is that those drain plugs are set for a certain thickness.  By increasing the thickness they aren't going to fit right.  You mentioned that they removed your plugs and sprayed your bed.  Just curious if they fit snug being that thickness is increased.  I know when I had mine done they sprayed right over them.  Line-X did mine as well as doing the section behind the back wheel.  It wasn't thin by no means.  I guess you could go through and mask each of those drain plugs off.

post-706-0-38417800-1417584615_thumb.jpg  post-706-0-25617900-1417584748_thumb.jpg

post-706-0-18160800-1417584627_thumb.jpg

Edited by LFairbanks

If a scrub brush does not work, I would think you are going to have to use a plastic scraper or plastic razor blade and then try and polish out the scratches.  If you can't get the scratches out, then you could spray a coat of bed liner on the bottoms of the rockers.

I'll give it a try. If it works, I'd rather just correct the scratches & seal it. It's not an off road vehicle so not really a fan of bed lined rockers. 

I'd let it dry hard, then pick it off.  Tedious, and a pain in the rear, but I'm afraid if  you scrape it off it's going to scratch your paint.

It's hard to describe the texture of it. I think it being so thin I won't be able to pick it off. It's like someone took some concrete on a trowel and skimmed coated it.  I already caused major damage with that brush, so I don't mind trying a plastic scrapper. 

This might sound hokie, but may be worth a try.  Take some of the blue Dawn dish soap and squirt it in your hands.  Then rub it across the area and let it sit.  Maybe the soap sitting will soften up the mud.  

I've been thinking of ways to soften it up, don't mind trying that either. 

ShineDoc@AdamsPolishes.com

Would be a great first candidate.  :thumbsup:

Speak of The Shine Doc and he appears!

While we don't make a product for removing cement/concrete here at Adam's there are dedicated concrete removers out there, mostly made for the concrete industry to clean out the drums on the trucks or remove splatter from the outside.

One popular one is called Backset and is very well reviewed by professionals for removing cement splatter -

http://www.romixchem.com/romix_cart/proddetail.php?prod=10001BSP001GT

While we don't make a product for removing cement/concrete here at Adam's there are dedicated concrete removers out there, mostly made for the concrete industry to clean out the drums on the trucks or remove splatter from the outside.

One popular one is called Backset and is very well reviewed by professionals for removing cement splatter -

OK Who's gonna be the first to run the IP and see where he is posting from and correlate it to known candidates based on where they live on Facebook lol

if it is concrete, SAKRETE makes a concrete disolver that may work to help removing it. i have used it before on a metal house door after having concrete slashed on it, and it did no damage to the paint.

ShineDoc@AdamsPolishes.com

Would be a great first candidate.  :thumbsup:

Thanks, didn't even now they made such a thing! They have a concrete plant not far from me, I'll see if they have some on hand. 

A one gallon SAMPLE. Go big or go home!

OK Who's gonna be the first to run the IP and see where he is posting from and correlate it to known candidates based on where they live on Facebook lol

On it.

Ghostbusters-Rick-Moranis_l.jpg

Edited by Kingsford

my ip address is 23.24.152.186

should show me located around Denver, Colorado

so I could be in the Adam's offices... or I could be using a remote IP just to mess with you....

Apologies in advance for bringing an old thread back to life, has anyone had any success with the suggestions mentioned before I search for similar products (the provided links dont work anymore) for my similar situation? 

Edited by DanielChaves