Customer Service 866.965.0400

New guy from CA

Special K

Received my order on Saturday and tested a bunch of the products out on two of our cars. A new 2017 Highlander with ceramic coating and my wife's sapphire black Volvo 2006 V70R. Used the foam cannon, wash buckets, red wash mitt, wash pad, detail spray, ultra plush towel, sidekick blaster, double sided detail towel, eco cleaner, tire cleaner, tire and wheel brushes, interior vinyl and leather cleaner, cockpit brush, window cleaner, and some other items. Everything I used was quality, and useful. Definitely going to need to get a gallon of Detail Spray and Eco Cleaner. It took me a bit of time to finish the washes, but it was enjoyable and I know I will get quicker as I perfect my process. Next weekend I am going to do a full detail on our 2003 blue Eurovan weekender. If I pass the full detail test with my wife on our Eurovan I get to do a full detail and correction on her Volvo. Can't wait to use the swirl killer, polishes, and pads. Wish me luck.

A couple questions- How often do you wash your towels? (drying, glass, utility, etc)....and do you wash them together. How about your polishing pads?  

I washed my detail towel by hand with revitalizer, and along with the ultra plush towels I let them hang out to dry. 

Are there any products I should worry about staining our driveway? Everything I used today seemed fine.

Aloha,

Kevin

Adams1.JPG

Adams2.JPG

Adams3.JPG

Now that's an order! Although I do see a couple rogue/contraband buckets :ph34r::lol:.

I clean my towels and pads after every use. On that note...

Here's a good article with video on taking care of the towels:

And one for the pads:

About the only product I find that stains the driveway is the UCS. You can place some paper towels or cardboard under the wheel wells to catch any drips. I've also found VRT or TS overspray can mark up the garage floor, but it comes off pretty easily with a little APC.

Strategically placed buckets to see if detailers are paying attention to the details. :D

Yeah, my wife was blown away by all the detail products that came while I was out surfing. She asked me if I was starting a detail business. I told her we would go go broke due to the fact I'd get about one car done a day. 

Thanks for the response to my questions.

Aloha,

Kevin

12 hours ago, Special K said:

Yeah, my wife was blown away by all the detail products that came while I was out surfing....

Welcome Kevin!  

It is a good idea to clean the pads ASAP after using them, but I often spray them APC and toss them in a bucket of water (with a little more APC added).  They are OK to sit a few days like this.

Oh, and some of our member in the Northeastern states may take offense to the quoted statement, but good on ya!

3 hours ago, mc2hill said:

Oh, and some of our member in the Northeastern states may take offense to the quoted statement, but good on ya!

It started raining here today and it's 60 degrees (feels like 58). I joke now, but I may only be using waterless wash if we don't get more rain. :o

Thanks for the tips

Kevin

1 hour ago, pirahnah3 said:

Well that is certainly a great way to start an order! BTW when did Adams start selling full brimmed hard hats? BTW By OSHA regs you should have replaced that head band in it as I beleive that style is a few years old lol. 

You can never be too careful when using an orbital polisher.