Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glad to be here from CO!

Been lingering around here long enough! (well a couple weeks). Figured i'd drop a quick line and introduce myself. 

Travis from Westminster, CO. 

Pretty new to detailing as i just discovered a passion for it after attending a detail clinic with Adam and staff when the new denver center opened in May. Definitely stoked i have a local source for products and a great resource nearby! My detailing arsenal has been quickly growing as i've done a few other friends and co-workers cars and i'm thoroughly impressed with each product i've used. 

xwjS2Bs.jpg

I've been doing a lot of research the past month and doing my best to learn good basic practices and techniques and can say i'm satisfied with my results thus far. That being said it seems i have a new question about products or procedure on a daily basis so i might be firing them off as they pop up. Hopefully none of my newb questions will be too humiliating or overdone ? HA!

Look forward to learning with you guys!

Thanks for the welcome guys. 

As far as what i'm keeping clean . . . nothing very exotic LOL!

2011 Ford Taurus SHO- Tuxedo black metallic. The car really does have a brilliant sparkle when well cared for so it's hard not to. 

Read the "Don't Do's" thread. Surely a few good laughs in there. I'll make sure and post my first major OOOPS moment  . . . umm probably tomorrow? . .  No lets hope not. 

11 hours ago, falcaineer said:

That Ford tuxedo black is a good lookin' color. Let's see some pics.

Another great article I still think should be mandatory reading for all new members/detailers:

Thanks again for the welcome guys. And yes the wax/sealant thread is one of the first that read when i joined and still one of my favorites. 

I'm gonna be washing my car today so maybe i can snap a few pics although i'm holding off on putting very much product. on the car right now as i will be doing some paint correcting within the next couple weeks. Just doing a basic foam/2 bucket. 

Question: If i use HGG on my paint now will i need to use a strip wash when i go to do paint correction within the next couple weeks?

Would really love to use the HGG but if i'm going to have to take extra steps to remove it before correcting i'll abstain. 

5 hours ago, ColoradoSHObro said:

Thanks again for the welcome guys. And yes the wax/sealant thread is one of the first that read when i joined and still one of my favorites. 

I'm gonna be washing my car today so maybe i can snap a few pics although i'm holding off on putting very much product. on the car right now as i will be doing some paint correcting within the next couple weeks. Just doing a basic foam/2 bucket. 

Question: If i use HGG on my paint now will i need to use a strip wash when i go to do paint correction within the next couple weeks?

Would really love to use the HGG but if i'm going to have to take extra steps to remove it before correcting i'll abstain. 

Yes, you should still strip wash it. But then again, you should still strip it even if you don't use the HGG, so may as well enjoy the shine in the meantime!