Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Buckets and Grit Gaurd

I don't have the new buckets but I have a USA 3.5gal and Sticker Bomb 5 gal and whenever I try to scrub my mitt or sponge, the grit guard just spins around. I have to make sure that I am rubbing directly across the middle. 

Wrap some zip-ties around the edge of the grit guard.  This will increase it's diameter and help it achieve a tighter fit.

I've had to do this on a couple of mine.  They aren't made with NASA tolerances....

3 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Wrap some zip-ties around the edge of the grit guard.  This will increase it's diameter and help it achieve a tighter fit.

I've had to do this on a couple of mine.  They aren't made with NASA tolerances....

Good idea. Funny you mention NASA, I'm a QC auditor for a DOD aircraft company 😂😂😂 probably why I'm so anal. It's the first time I've ran across a grit gaurd that didnt fit the bucket tightly. 

36 minutes ago, red94chev said:

Yeah, grit guards fit nice and tight in my 6 year old buckets.  My newer bucket has a loose fit with the grit guard which is slightly annoying.  And I'm a machinist for a non DOD aircraft company.

What type of machine? I'm intrigued : D

10 minutes ago, red94chev said:

I run a waterjet, vertical mill, lathe, 3D printer, press brake, do metal coatings and powdercoating.  If it cuts metal or has to do with metal, I can probably run it lol.

Awesome! We run alot of Axis and EDM machines out here.

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, Rich said:

Got my new grit guards today and they fit perfect.  I'm happy with the product, not happy that the washguard piece doesn't snap onto these like the red ones did.  Something that should have been thought of. 

Adams or Grit Guard didn't design/manufacture these.  I'm thinking about trying one out in my soap bucket and saving the grit guard and wash board for the rinse bucket.