Customer Service 866.965.0400

POLL: Need your feedback on bottle size!

Sprayer bottle size  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Sprayer bottle size

• Upgrade to 20-24oz
    • Stick with 16oz
    • Other (please specify below in a post)

As a couple of others have said, I hang the detail spray bottle from my pocket. A bigger bottle might cause me big problems with pulling my shorts down. I'm sure that is not something you all would like to see. Plus the bottles (16oz) have the place in my bag.:glasses:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually use little 8 oz squeeze bottles for wax and polish. Makes it easy for putting in a pocket while working :thumbsup:

So for me a 32 oz size of wax and polish products would be great but I think the 16 oz spray bottle is a good size for the spray type products as they are also available by gallon, but that is just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 32 oz industrial spray bottle at the dollar store. I fits in the Adams bag. It extends above the rim by maybe a 1/4" Same bottle the window washers use at work.

It has a great spray too. Adjusts from a very fine mist right up to a heavy stream, with a 1/2 twist of the nozzle. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've got it filled with Glass cleaner right now. I think I'll get another for DS.

Bill, where did you find the 8oz squeeze bottle? I'm thinking that would be perfect for samples.

I"m one of two that so far has voted for the "other" size. While I do not have a real problem with the 16 oz, I would like a smaller size say around 10 to 12 oz size to take with me on the road. Space is always an issue on the road, for me anyway. The 4 oz is just to small and the 16 oz seems a bit to large. So perhaps rather than to replace the 16, how about replacing the 4??? :drool::drool::drool:

• 4 weeks later...

Many times I would like to see a smaller bottle. 8-10oz. would be great; As others have said, carrying many bottles would be easier. The Buttery wax would be a good example, where a little goes a long way. Also I would be able to try more products for the same price and less shipping.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I dont take my products out of my garage, and so I dont have the concerns that others do. I dont care what size the bottle is; Im sure we can all make due...

However, what I do care about is the quality of the sprayer. Not to complain about small stuff, but hey, we're all detailers here and we pay attention to small stuff...the sprayers I have received with several orders all suck! they simply dont spray. I pump and pump the darn thing, check for a cracked straw, put in another straw, everything i can think of...nothing...I hate them. In fact, I just finished shaking some under carriage spray out of a sprayer so I could put in the APC bottle b/c that one is busted...super frustrating.

Edited by estecoca

Personally, I dont take my products out of my garage, and so I dont have the concerns that others do. I dont care what size the bottle is; Im sure we can all make due...

However, what I do care about is the quality of the sprayer. Not to complain about small stuff, but hey, we're all detailers here and we pay attention to small stuff...the sprayers I have received with several orders all suck! they simply dont spray. I pump and pump the darn thing, check for a cracked straw, put in another straw, everything i can think of...nothing...I hate them. In fact, I just finished shaking some under carriage spray out of a sprayer so I could put in the APC bottle b/c that one is busted...super frustrating.

ive never had a problem, do you have the nozzle at the end turned so its open to spray?

Yes, it is turned to the spray setting. I even tried it on all four setting just to check it out. Nothin. I still have an example of this if anyone wants to check it out...I have thrown some away, but Im sure I have one in the garage.

Jason,

The 16 oz bottle is a better size to deal with. When working on vehicles I hang the bottle trigger on my pocket while wiping. A 24oz bottle has extra weight and won't hang right or puts undue stress on the trigger of the sprayer and may break it.

Norm

Yes, it is turned to the spray setting. I even tried it on all four setting just to check it out. Nothin. I still have an example of this if anyone wants to check it out...I have thrown some away, but Im sure I have one in the garage.

hmm ill let jason and adam no about it.

Sorry you are having problem with our sprayers Estecocoa! Have you emailed or called us to get them replaced? We will send you replacements, as that's absolutely part of our 110% unconditional satisfaction guarantee.

At any rate, please do shoot us an email or phone call so that we can replace your sprayers, as it seems yours are likely defective.

Customer Service: Toll Free: 866-965-0400 EXT: 1

Or, email: Tips@AdamsPolishes.com

While expressing dissatisfaction ("I hate them. . ." ) in this forum is an effective way be heard, a phone call or email is a much quicker and more direct approach to getting a problem fixed.

Thanks for your business, and let's get those replacements sent!

Adam:thumbsup:

Adam, thanks for the support and offer to replace the sprayers. I never made much of an issue of it b/c they are easily replaced with others that i have in my garage. The only reason I brought them up on this forum is for your consideration while contemplating other bottle changes. Not a big deal, but a good fix to piggy-back on other bottle changes...

Esteban, thanks for your order today! We are going to include a dozen additional sprayers with your order, so keep me posted on their durability.

I'll personally send you one of the bottles and sprayers we are leaning towards.

Thanks again for your order, and I look forward to your thoughts on the new unit.

Happy New Year:thumbsup:

Ouch, my head hurts from all these choices. :willy:

Yeah, I really like the 16 oz bottles, especially the newer ones with the domed top. They just look cool for some reason. The 16 oz size is pretty good for doing at least one of my cars, and they fit in my detail bag nicely.

I like the 4 oz sample sizes for the motorcycle and keeping a set in all the vehicles. But watch out for the Under Carriage spray bottles! That stuff invariably finds a way out of the bottle when stored. What a mess.

A larger bottle, with a really nice sprayer would be neat for at home, I'd keep one full of all purpose cleaner, which I seem to use a lot of.

The existing sprayers seem pretty good, but they do clog occasionally. Right now I forget which product seems most prone to clogging, the upholstery cleaner maybe?

Bruce

Fellow Detailers,

I am reading all these replys about the size of the bottles and am a little concerned especially with the Under Carriage Spray. As much as Adam would love you to keep emptying those bottles to buy new product, on a large car of truck you only need to pump about 6 to 8 sprays in each wheel well to cover the area. Anything more is to much and will cause the product to drip and streak and take a long time to dry which doesn't look good. I like the 16oz bottle especially in small wheel well areas to be able to turn the bottle at different angles. Again maybe the the problem can be related to the sprayer not applying enough product. I have had a few problems with the sprayers cracking and then not pumping but then again many of us have been using that bottle and sprayer for many months especially with the Detail Spray. I do keep extras sprayers on hand for my customers that have a problem. Also with the 16oz bottle I like the refilling them because I now know I have fresh product that I am using on my cars and trucks. Just my 2 cents worth, but keep those comments coming it's good to get the input.

Norm

I don't know that Adams needs to provide this size bottle, but I use the Glass Cleaner and APC in the house all the time. I picked up two industrial Spray bottles for the two products. They are both 28 oz. bottles. They even fit in the Detail Bag if needed.

Fellow Detailers,

I am reading all these replys about the size of the bottles and am a little concerned especially with the Under Carriage Spray. As much as Adam would love you to keep emptying those bottles to buy new product, on a large car of truck you only need to pump about 6 to 8 sprays in each wheel well to cover the area. Anything more is to much and will cause the product to drip and streak and take a long time to dry which doesn't look good. I like the 16oz bottle especially in small wheel well areas to be able to turn the bottle at different angles. Again maybe the the problem can be related to the sprayer not applying enough product. I have had a few problems with the sprayers cracking and then not pumping but then again many of us have been using that bottle and sprayer for many months especially with the Detail Spray. I do keep extras sprayers on hand for my customers that have a problem. Also with the 16oz bottle I like the refilling them because I now know I have fresh product that I am using on my cars and trucks. Just my 2 cents worth, but keep those comments coming it's good to get the input.

Norm

Norm,

Understand the concern about the Under Carriage Spray, but the 4x4 truck has a huge area to cover, so the stuff does tend to be used more than if I sprayed the Corvette or the wife's car.