Customer Service 866.965.0400

I'm A Weenie

crowvet

Question

So I got bit by the detailing bug today, and decided to apply some Americana to the daily driver. Don't get me wrong here I am not a whiner. In fact I think Adams products are the best in the world. Ok so now that I've buttered you all up, heres the stupid ?. Am I the only one who finds it difficult to get the cap on and off the round Americana container? I really have a hard time with it, I cant grip the round container because it is so slick from the great product inside, and also I seem to crossthread the lid. anyone else? Or am I just a Weenie?

I'm glad to see this thread. I thought I was the only one having a difficult time removing the Americana lid. I sent Ashley an e-mail about 5 or 6 months ago about the problem and she responded that she had never heard of the difficulty opening the Americana. I keep struggling with the lid each time I remove it. Actually, the struggle to remove the lid almost makes Americana too much trouble to use. I have a second container that I haven't opened yet and I hope that it is not not as difficult to open as the first.

Les,

Offer Junkman some of your areas famous BBQ and I am sure he would come open up your Americana in exchange. :D

Out of curiosity, I just went to the basement and opened my second container of Americana. It opened just fine and went back on tightly. Hopefully, it will continue to work that way. I don't understand the problem with the first container and obviously I am not the only person with this problem. It seems there is no way to close the container with cross threading it. Eating more Wheaties or working out is not the answer here.

I have used Zymol for the better part of the past 25 years and never had a problem opening or closing their container. I also opened and re-closed the Zymol I have. No problem at all.

I took some pics of my Americana to try to show the issue. The first can will not close completely because of cross threading. Then it is virtually impossible to open. I also do not think the lid ever closes completely and the wax is drying out as a result.

The second picture shows my second container of Americana and it opens and closes completely. I've only opened it one time so I don't know if that will continue.

I have also attached a picture of a container of Zymol wax showing the container Zymol uses. Zymol Creame is about $20 cheaper than Americana but clearly has a better container.

I'm glad to see this thread. I thought I was the only one having a difficult time removing the Americana lid. I sent Ashley an e-mail about 5 or 6 months ago about the problem and she responded that she had never heard of the difficulty opening the Americana. I keep struggling with the lid each time I remove it. Actually, the struggle to remove the lid almost makes Americana too much trouble to use. I have a second container that I haven't opened yet and I hope that it is not not as difficult to open as the first.

I don't feel so alone now:) :banana: I really had to fight it this last weekend. We must have warped lids or something. Seems the harder I try to get mine off, the harder I squeeze the lid making it even tighter.

The Americana sure is small.I thought it would be bigger or more for what it costs.

It's much bigger than it appears in the picture. And it lasts a long time. I've waxed my car 3x's and it doesn't even look like I've touched it. Matter of fact I'm gonna go put on another coat! :willy:

It's much bigger than it appears in the picture. And it lasts a long time. I've waxed my car 3x's and it doesn't even look like I've touched it. Matter of fact I'm gonna go put on another coat! :willy:
It takes very very little to do a car:rockon:

Maybe you guys can have your wives help you with the lids. Geesh. :lolsmack:

Nah, just kidding... it could be the plastic is a bit warped or something. I've seen that happen with various jars from time to time. :cheers:

I can't imagine asking my wife after all I've been working out.

881_4b65978ab4f68.jpg

:2thumbs:

I never leave the applicator in the tub. The lid simply cross threads as you screw it on. I have tried everything I can think of to put the lid on without any cross threading. It just doesn't seem to want to go on correctly. Having said that, I explained I did open my second tub and didn't seem to have a problem. The applicator is in the second tub and the top screwed down perfectly with the applicator on top of the wax. Once I start using that tub, the applicator will be removed. I never use the applicator, I apply the wax using my dual action polisher.

If you are having issues replacing the lid without it cross threading, then remove the applicator. I had that same issue. It is tricky to get the lid back on with the applicator inside the jar. Once you remove the applicator, your problem should go away. Also, check your lids to make sure that none of the threads are broken. If they are, give Ashley a call and I'm sure we can get you another lid with no problem. :thumbsup:

As for getting the lid off, allow me to suggest some "stickum". :D

I never leave the applicator in the container. I never use the applicator since I use my DA polisher to apply the wax.

Applying Americana using the polisher will cause you to waste a lot of product. I could see a jar of Americana lasting 3 years or more. I don't know what the shelf life is but a little bit goes a long way and that is a big jar of Americana.

The Americana sure is small.I thought it would be bigger or more for what it costs.

That pic makes it look really small. In fact, the jar is much larger and you should literally get dozens and dozens of coats out of it. I've put about 8 coats on my cars and the contents barely seems touched. :thumbsup:

Anybody with a mid-year is my friend, bring your car down and I'll help you with the lid. I don't have a problem removing the lid, it is sometimes difficult to get back on, I figure it's karma telling me to keep waxing.

Bruce

I notice the samething when open and closeing, but it's all good nothing for me to complain about. :)

I Think maybe I just got a warped jar or something. After it hasnt been used for a while I have actually had to pry the lid with a screw driver.

Archived