Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hi. Came here to learn

pj4553

My name is Eric and I've always been fascinated by detailing. Never had the guts to use a machine though. I just bought a 2010 Silverado Z71 and I'm looking to get some products and a PC to perfect the finish since it's already covered in hard water spots from it's first wash :patriot:

Your truck looks awesome Eric!

Check out Adams detailing videos and go from there.

Clay the finish if it needs it before going any further.

Your truck looks great already and if it's been wax then probably use Adams Detail spray to maintain the shine you have.

You can also use the Brilliant spray glaze to deepen the shine.

Use Adams car wash and dry off the truck immediately after washing it to eliminate the water spots, especially on the glass.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'll probably leave it alone for now. It rides nice and smooth and it's quiet too lol. My last truck was an 06 with longtubes, off road y pipe, cam, and 4.11 rear end ratio. It was becoming unpleasant to me to drive daily so it's a nice change.

Although I did inquire to see if my warranty covers a lift. They said they would up to 6 inches :D

I've already clayed it and put a coat of another brand wax by hand applicator on it when I brought it home. I want to strip it off, re-clay, hit it with some Fine Machine Polish using a PC and one of the waxes. I'm not sure which on yet though. Still have some reading to do.

First off, Welcome!

You have three waxes - Buttery, which is very nice. It goes on by hand and is a good solid liquid wax. Then you have Super Machine Wax. It goes on with the PC and is long lasting. Then you have Americana which is in a league of it's own. Americana is a paste wax that goes on by hand. You put it on and within a couple minutes it hazes and wipes right off. It doesn't last as long as the Super Machine Wax, but the shine you will get is unreal. It is well worth the money and a tub will last a long time. I also recommend that you get some Brilliant Glaze. It will make that black truck POP!

First off, Welcome!

You have three waxes - Buttery, which is very nice. It goes on by hand and is a good solid liquid wax. Then you have Super Machine Wax. It goes on with the PC and is long lasting. Then you have Americana which is in a league of it's own. Americana is a paste wax that goes on by hand. You put it on and within a couple minutes it hazes and wipes right off. It doesn't last as long as the Super Machine Wax, but the shine you will get is unreal. It is well worth the money and a tub will last a long time. I also recommend that you get some Brilliant Glaze. It will make that black truck POP!

I was thinking about going with the Super Machine Wax since it will most likely be the most durable. The truck is daily driven and kept outside.

Be glad you found Adam's early. I washed my 08 using cheap Microfibers at 1st and I had plenty of swirls and scratches before I found this place :)

You could put a Leveling Kit on the front to get rid of that rake if that's something you're interested in doing. Rough Country is a highly suggested leveling kit. I had a Skyjacker Level on mine before I put the 6" on.

Here she is with the level and 33" BFG's. The ground isn't exactly level in this pic but you get the idea.

03182.jpg

Welcome to the site! I agree with everyone thus far on their tips, etc. I wish I would have found Adams when I got my TBSS 2 years ago. But I don't have damage that wasn't repairable.

If you have really hard water you can use the Detail Spray (I'd recommend getting a gallon - it does very far and has MANY uses). After you have washed your truck and area preparing to dry spray a coat of DS on all the panels. This will neutralize the water and make it even more resistant to leaving water spots. I have used this method every time and it works like a charm.

Archived