Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using jack stands

mc2hill

I will be using 4 jackstands this weekend to rotate the tires and clean up the wheel wells on my wife's car. I have previously only done this with 2 jackstands, but picked up another pair yesterday.

Do anyone have any tips or tricks for using 4 jackstands? - how best to raise the vehicle (I'm using a dolly jack), etc.

Thanks!

I'm sure you already know, but work on LEVEL ground and spend plenty of time making sure the stands are resting fully on stable ground and on the frame in areas without risk of slip. The wax frame coating stuff can be slippery and even a little bit of a slant could cause one to slip.

Always makes me nervous having the truck up on stands... thats a lot of weight.

b147a3f1.png

I will be using 4 jackstands this weekend to rotate the tires and clean up the wheel wells on my wife's car. I have previously only done this with 2 jackstands, but picked up another pair yesterday.

Do anyone have any tips or tricks for using 4 jackstands? - how best to raise the vehicle (I'm using a dolly jack), etc.

Thanks!

Not sure what a dolly jack is?

I always use a floor jack and raise up front or back at a time, place jack stands and move to the other end. The main thing be careful!:thumbsup:

Also remember that you want to keep the jack stands as far away from each other as possible. If you put them too close to each other the car will be very very unstable. When I put my 8000lbs Ram on jack stands I lift the front first because the front end is HEAVY and the rear second. I never, never leave the truck for long without the wheels on it. If I am changing my tires around I always take all the lug nuts off each wheel, but I will leave two on each rim just in case the truck doesn't like being up in the air and falls I have it landing on the rims and not the rotors.

A little off subject, but not really. Remember when your car is on jacks or stands be very careful when opening the doors. The body will flex and change the gaps between the fenders. We don't need any chipped paint or bent doors. :2thumbs:

Archived