Customer Service 866.965.0400

New GM Commercial

whiterp199

Considering that the bailout has been repaid, I'm glad that the government stepped in and saved American jobs. I'm tired of seeing Nissan, Mitsubishi, and Toyota signs everywhere.

Good commercial. :cheers:

I'm tired of seeing Nissan, Mitsubishi, and Toyota signs everywhere. :

With Toyota and Nissan thats not such a bad thing.... they've got some pretty substantial manufacturing operations here in the US, so I guess if people are gonna buy the cars regardless at least a few Americans get to be paid to make them here.

I recently became aware that Kia builds the Sorento 100% here in the US... again... I'd prefer an American car company would build American cars, in America, but if some of the foreign manufactures want to help create jobs I have no issues with that.

While I'm glad that Americans get paid for working in foreign owned plants, lets not forget where the BIGGEST hunk of money goes. And it's not to America. Never owned and never will own any car made by a foreign owned company. USA :patriot:

I dunno... this whole "global economy" has blurred the lines... I'm not an econ major so I don't pretend to understand it.

I am a die hard GM guy. but even my Camaro is built in Canada and the tranny is build in Mexico... so how does that figure in to my thought process of American only... I think it's impossible to buy only American products that are completely American made...

Even Adam, as much as he is pro American, can't get Microfiber in the states like he can from Korea... and the problem with the foam guns also shows how hard it is to get something completely American... That is in no way a knock against Adam's, just a comment on how difficult it is.

but there is something to be said for "where is the money going". I like the fact that my money spent with GM comes back to this country and not one over seas. Am I supporting jobs in Canada and Mexico? yep... but I'm also supporting the U.S. economy by spending with U.S. businesses.

It's not as simple as it was for our parents generation... me being 37...

However if given the choice, I go American whenever possible.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Awwww... how sweet. Now pay back the money. That's like putting your family thru hell with your sudden addiction to (insert vice here) and then putting everyone through the pains of divorce, losing the house, etc... then you clean up in rehab (at the expense of your parents) and come out, get a good job and then say "thanks everyone". Hey, glad ya cleaned up, but uh... you're an Ahole for getting screwed up in the first place.

I love the ad on tv saying they are gonna start planting trees and investing in windmills, hey... I got an idea.. FINISH PAYING OFF THE LOAN! THEN... rather than planting a tree, knock a few hundred or thousand off the price of the car! Or, pay your workers better, or move the plants back to 100% America!

I'm sick of them punching us in the gut so much that when they stop doing it, we are thankful and think they are our new heros.

Wish they'd train their ASE certified techs to, when they remove the steering column out of my car to replace the steering position sensor, put it back and make the TILT LEVER still be functional! Ugh...

ANyway... hey look , doogie houser is playing a straight man... now THAT is acting.

While I'm glad that Americans get paid for working in foreign owned plants, lets not forget where the BIGGEST hunk of money goes. And it's not to America. Never owned and never will own any car made by a foreign owned company. USA :patriot:

Oh I 100% agree... but with the volume in which these cars are sold I'm happy that at least theres some benefit to Americans coming from it.

Ideally Ford, GM, Dodge would do the bulk of their manufacturing here, and more people would buy here, but in the interim, or at least until people start to look to the big 3 for cars in greater numbers I'm happy the popular imports are providing jobs here.

I'd prefer an American car company would build American cars, in America, but if some of the foreign manufactures want to help create jobs I have no issues with that.

I was under the impression that the main reason foreign car companies build here is to avoid the giant import fees.

If the car is manufactured in the US, a large portion of the sales price is staying here. Even more so if the parts are also manufactured here. I don't know where the foreign companies are doing them. My guess would be Mexico like Ford and GM. Also, don't forget that you're not just supporting the manufacturing job. You're also supporting the all of the infrastructure jobs related to them with the transport, sales staff, service staff, etc. There's a lot of non-manufacturing jobs that would go away if any of the foreign companies were to close up shop.

Add VW to the list of companies that will be doing manufacturing here. They have plant opening in Chattanooga that they're investing $1 billion in. Hopefully we can see the other foreign companies spend money like that in the US.

ANyway... hey look , doogie houser is playing a straight man... now THAT is acting.

:lol::lol: My wife just said that to me. We were just watching How I Met Your Mother, and she said it creeps her out when he acts like he's all into women. I think it was better when we didn't know..........like Rock Hudson.

Awwww... how sweet. Now pay back the money. That's like putting your family thru hell with your sudden addiction to (insert vice here) and then putting everyone through the pains of divorce, losing the house, etc... then you clean up in rehab (at the expense of your parents) and come out, get a good job and then say "thanks everyone". Hey, glad ya cleaned up, but uh... you're an Ahole for getting screwed up in the first place.

I love the ad on tv saying they are gonna start planting trees and investing in windmills, hey... I got an idea.. FINISH PAYING OFF THE LOAN! THEN... rather than planting a tree, knock a few hundred or thousand off the price of the car! Or, pay your workers better, or move the plants back to 100% America!

I'm sick of them punching us in the gut so much that when they stop doing it, we are thankful and think they are our new heros.

Wish they'd train their ASE certified techs to, when they remove the steering column out of my car to replace the steering position sensor, put it back and make the TILT LEVER still be functional! Ugh...

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

Uhhh... yeah thanks for letting me rob u , we greatly appreciate it!

WTF, too big to fail my buttocks! last year iN Ga over 3,000 small businesses had to close WITH NO BAILOUT!!! EITHER PLAY BUY SAME RULES AS EVERYONE ELSE OR FALL ON YER FACE, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!

in a few years we will be bailing out taco bell or how bout WWE they are huge way too big to fail! :lol: :lol: :lol:

that whole to big to fail thing kills me....... its saying see capitalism dosen't work and we just proved it with endorsement of the US gov. :help:

Add VW to the list of companies that will be doing manufacturing here. They have plant opening in Chattanooga that they're investing $1 billion in. Hopefully we can see the other foreign companies spend money like that in the US.

lol yeah its just too bad the American companies can not do the same , ehh

lol new slogan, want American made buy foreign! i mean really what is that :confused:

The commercial was nice, the problem was not. Unfortunately they needed help in the first place for reasons I won't even get in to. Politics is a hot button topic that usually ends up with @#^%$^&^ remarks.

I guess unlike many in the world today it was nice to hear a company say "Thanks" Hopefully they will be better for it in the long run and maybe this once proud company can prosper.

Because of economics and the almighty dollar companies tend to go overseas for production why? again I will not get into that no win debate.

That is one of the Great Reasons I like Adams so much. It is the principles he stands behind. I don't know his politics and don't care. What I do know is , like this comercial, Adam says Thanks alot, admit when there are mistakes and makes them right, and really that is all anyone can ask.

I am just glad to live in this great country and have a good job to be able to afford "hobbies" like detailing and cars like Camaros

:patriot::bravo:The commercial brings tears to my eyes. I live in the birthplace of automobile mass production.... Michigan and while the rest of you have witnessed a mild recession, we have been in a depression for over a decade. We have all contributed our part to Michigan's demise, myself included. I have bought foreign owned products from Honda, Acura and VW. I bought these cars because the US car companies were putting out junk at the time. I may have been doing them a favor as competition saved the US car companies from total destruction. The US car companies are now putting out the best cars ever, but for a long time, the US auto companies could care less about the consumer, putting Chevy engines in Oldsmobiles and Buicks to save a buck, outsourcing parts manufacturing to China and Mexico, ignoring the US parts suppliers, and even now as I'm writing this, furious that GM builds Buicks in China. But that is our reality. Honda, Toyota and other foreign owned companies are built here now, so it isn't fair to criticize GM. This is global economics. And greedy shareholders of big US stocks, insist on the highest return and profit at any cost, which rewards companies like Ford to outsource parts to China and other countries using cheap labor and no EPA restrictions. I don't like any of this, but what choice do I have? I just traded in my Acura for a Ford Mustang with a Chinese transmission. It makes my blood boil. I'm seriously considering scrapping the transmission in my brand new car for an American made transmission AND going public about it. Ford can't put Americans to work building the worlds best transmissions and other parts to put in their cars? Come on! The simple reality is that for every foreign product we buy, we put an American company and it's workers at risk, which trickles down to less people to buy things and less tax revenue to run our local, federal and state government. As much as people hate big government, we still live in the most civilized free country in the world. It comes at a cost folks. It's all simple economics that noone seems to get. Well, except for Adam...my business hero of the year! I wish the best for GM, Ford and Chrysler. If you love cars as much as I do, you will find no finer examples of beautiful cars than those made currently, right here in the good old USA.:2thumbs: Sorry for the book...I could go on for hours...

Of course the commercial was nice! they spent alot on it !

I just do not understand how you say thank you for something you did not ask permission for........thank you for letting me carjack you!

Where were the commercials asking for the money from the tax payer or saying hey we are going to do this, so, thanks?......In reality it will take them over 15years (@least info @ forbes) to pay off the debt, debt which is hurting everyone who dose business or works in the united states. Debt which in reality is to the USA tax payer but also money which is owed to CHINIA as china is who is currently financing most of the US debt. But that's getting to close to politics and i try not get into that on here :)

idk , it just seems way to odd, & to me, a stab at the system which is being & has been protected by life's of our soldiers since our founding..... i am way more,errr , sensitive to matters of attack on the USA since i lost my brother 2 years ago in the dang war. :(

anyways off my soap box now

Archived