Customer Service 866.965.0400

This is whats wrong with America Today.

whiterp199

I hope they throw the book at that father...especially since he's a repeat offender. The kid, should be required to pull some community service at a senior center every summer until he graduates.

Furthermore...seize the car. It was involved in the commission of a crime. Maybe that will change his attitude a little.

Simple fact: People suck.

I have very little faith left in most of humanity... I can promise you I'd have been on that breaking of the fight no questions asked. So many people just drove or walked past without even stopping. Spineless :(

I agree with you Dylan. I woudl have been in there for sure.

So, the older guy is doing absolutely nothing out of the ordinary and the Vette guy and his punk son in effect start the whole thing? (by crowding the older guy and then being pricks?) What frickin' losers. I hope they both father and son get charged with assault.

Crap like this makes me appreciate my own parents and the fact that they did a good job raising me -- apparently a lot of parent's don't put in the effort. :(

These kids today have no respect for older folks. I'm finding it out first hand and I'm only 64. They seem to think they're entitled to do whatever they feel like doing. It's a crazy society.

But I keep my handgun registration and license to carry up to date. :D

This is absolutely absurd! I am only 31 years old but I still respect my mom and dad. To this day I do not curse around my family nor do I treat them with ANY disrespect. I was raised by great people and unfortunately the younger folks scare me. It's even worse this father is a repeat offender. This kid has been shown the wrong ways to live and treat individuals.

I hope this doesnt get settled outside of court and the guy and his son are punished harshly. This makes me wish I still worked for Palm Beach County Felony division so I could have an insider's account. LOL

Did anyone notice how this guy backed out? This whole thing could have been avoided if the 53 year old would know how to use his mirrors and not back up as far as he did. Did he really have to back up that far to make the turn? COME ON MAN! I see so many terrible drivers around here, it's not even funny. I think the government should make people re-take a driver's test everytime they renew their license. Once people get their licenses they forget the basics, check your mirrors and blind spots.

That was sad that no came to the aid of the old man. I can't believe no one took the Corvette's plate down either. Just sad.

These kids today have no respect for older folks. I'm finding it out first hand and I'm only 64. They seem to think they're entitled to do whatever they feel like doing. It's a crazy society.

But I keep my handgun registration and license to carry up to date. :D

Exactly!!!!!

This is why everyone should be trained to use , carry and own a handgun!!!

its like an insurance policy, You really, really, hope you never have an instance where you will need to use it, but if that one incident happens and you are trained and licensed you can have the choice to react! At least get a tazzer guys & gals!

side note

lol my accountant has told me as a small business start up i could right off a handgun purchase and accessories (to an extent)& NRA training as a security expanse as long as i get NRA handgun training (2day class) certificate!

Exactly!!!!!

its like an insurance policy, You really, really, hope you never have an instance where you will need to use it, but if that one incident happens and you are trained and licensed you can have the choice to react! At least get a tazzer guys & gals!

side note

lol my accountant has told me as a small business start up i could right off a handgun purchase and accessories (to an extent)& NRA training as a security expanse as long as i get NRA handgun training (2day class) certificate!

You know I may be buying a business soon and I thought to myself that I probably oughta get a handgun. I would assume I'd never have to use it and if I did on some criminal I'm sure I'd get sued and go to jail but I'd rather have a fighting chance.

I say this as a crazy left wing liberal too. lol

As for the story, that sucks. I hate people. I'm sure there has always been the same amount of crazy people but now with the internet and 24 hour news we just hear about it more. It's still sad.

Exactly!!!!!

side note

Sadly Wisconsin does not allow concealed carry and Tazers are illegal. However I can carry in PA as a nonresident. I wish WI would man up and allow for permits I would be one of the first on the list. However in that situation a gun wold have been overkill and only would have escalated the situation. They guy could probably have been stopped without a gun but I was not there so I do not know for sure or how I would have reacted there.

Endulge me...

It's easy to say "I'd have done something if I was there". And I whole heartedly believe most would like to. Bear in mind though that even trained personel sometimes "freeze".

Now let's say that you were there and you did react. First let me say I'd personally thank you and help you with whatever means I could provide (that's just me & my character). This is where it becomes ugly - I know... Once you step in to assist the original victim, you become an assailant yourself, thus making the original assailant a victim. You WILL be held lawfully accountable for any physical action you take (unfortunately). Should the original assailant be injured, good luck in court! Let's face it, a nitwit like this will never sit back with a broken arm & dislocated jaw thinking to himself "ya know - I got what I deserved". He'll be the first to press charges against you - and you're in good shape if it doesn't bankrupt you and find you serving time. Maybe you'll get a break yourself and get probation which is still a significant inconvenience and potentially costly.

Safest play in this kind of scenario is to do what the security did halfway correct. Call the police, note anything you can about these clowns, and be an irrefutable witness.

Sad state of America. But God Bless Our Country!!

I know in Wisconsin it is still considered self defense if you step into defend someone who cannot defend themselves. However it gets tricky as you cannot injure some worse thenn they hurt the victim. I am not saying I would have gone into this situation swinging but I would hve at least gotten in the gis face to try and get him to stop. Once he swung at me he would be fair game though. I would be thinkg this is a retail store that means everything will be on video and there would be proof of what happened.

... Once you step in to assist the original victim, you become an assailant yourself, thus making the original assailant a victim. You WILL be held lawfully accountable for any physical action you take (unfortunately).

That is one of the main problem our country has....too many laywers and the clients of said lawyers trying to make a buck off of nothing resembling work. Sometimes I think I was born 50 years too late. It would have been nice to be living in a society where you didn't have to accept everyone and people behaved themselves out of either respect or fear of a punch in the mouth.

Endulge me...

It's easy to say "I'd have done something if I was there". And I whole heartedly believe most would like to. Bear in mind though that even trained personel sometimes "freeze".

Now let's say that you were there and you did react. First let me say I'd personally thank you and help you with whatever means I could provide (that's just me & my character). This is where it becomes ugly - I know... Once you step in to assist the original victim, you become an assailant yourself, thus making the original assailant a victim. You WILL be held lawfully accountable for any physical action you take (unfortunately). Should the original assailant be injured, good luck in court! Let's face it, a nitwit like this will never sit back with a broken arm & dislocated jaw thinking to himself "ya know - I got what I deserved". He'll be the first to press charges against you - and you're in good shape if it doesn't bankrupt you and find you serving time. Maybe you'll get a break yourself and get probation which is still a significant inconvenience and potentially costly.

Safest play in this kind of scenario is to do what the security did halfway correct. Call the police, note anything you can about these clowns, and be an irrefutable witness.

Sad state of America. But God Bless Our Country!!

That is one of the main problem our country has....too many laywers and the clients of said lawyers trying to make a buck off of nothing resembling work. Sometimes I think I was born 50 years too late. It would have been nice to be living in a society where you didn't have to accept everyone and people behaved themselves out of either respect or fear of a punch in the mouth.

:cheers:well said, gents.

Crap like this makes me appreciate my own parents and the fact that they did a good job raising me -- apparently a lot of parent's don't put in the effort. :(

It agree with you Rich on that. I am glad my parents raised me how they did.

If you look at it everything goes back to HOME and FAMILY.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

They should give the vette to the victim. That (expletive deleted) should be driving an 87 Civic hatchback with a primer colored hood.

Archived