Customer Service 866.965.0400

walmart microfiber

swirlparanoid

Question

Ive learned a lot in the past month thanks to junkman vids and general detailing vids, i just put in a large order to adams which included about 6 microfibers and 2 great whites, i have about 20 auto zone and walmart microfibers that came in like 6 to a roll that have tags on them (ripped off). when i bought them i didn't know that there would be much difference. i plan on getting a new car in the spring and was wondering if these towels would be acceptable for wheels, trim, glass or if i should just retire them to junk rags?

8 answers to this question

I stock cheap microfiber for interior, engine bay, door jambs, wheels ect.. They aren't complete junk, just not worth of touching paint.

:iagree:

Yep. I have a bunch of junk ones too that I use for wiping up grease, etc. Not on the paint or chrome though. And when they're really trash, pitch them. :2thumbs:

:iagree:

I bought a couple Turtle Wax Ice waffle weave drying towels, before I got turned on to Adams Great White. I wouldn't call them junk, but you get what you pay for. It takes two of them to do the drying job of one Great White. If you do the math, the Great White is less expensive than the two cheaper Towels and the Great White does a better job. :bow:

I also bought an Adams super plush microfiber to compare against my cheap microfiber polishing cloths. Man there is no comparison. Adams polishing cloth is softer than a baby's butt....period. :bow:I use my cheap ones for engine compartment, wheels and door jambs along with interior.

I bought a couple Turtle Wax Ice waffle weave drying towels, before I got turned on to Adams Great White. I wouldn't call them junk, but you get what you pay for. It takes two of them to do the drying job of one Great White. If you do the math, the Great White is less expensive than the two cheaper Towels and the Great White does a better job. :bow:

I also bought an Adams super plush microfiber to compare against my cheap microfiber polishing cloths. Man there is no comparison. Adams polishing cloth is softer than a baby's butt....period. :bow:I use my cheap ones for engine compartment, wheels and door jambs along with interior.

I have 2 of those Turtle Wax drying towels too. I agree two of those equals one GW. About two months ago I found a great deal on Great Whites at an area Adam's dealer (3 GW's for $27). Kind of hard to pass that up. So now I have 5 GW's (some still in their package) and the Turtle Wax ones are now buried in my towel bin.

Archived