Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pet Hair Removal

DTRUONG_112

Question

I have two Shiba Inus and love them to death but they shed constantly and the hair gets into the car and the vacuum cant remove the hair. What do you animal lovers use to remove the stubborn pet hair from the carpet in the vehicle? Is there a technique or device that helps lift the hair out?

23 answers to this question

I'll have to give Nitrile gloves a shot for the tight spaces, but a couple of years back I bought a hair removal tool online that was essentially a pumice stone.

So, if you go to your local drug store, go to the beauty section and pick one up. You can also cut them to whatever shape you want.

Drags across the upholstry/carpet and collects the hair in one big pile to get vaccuumed up... works wonders.

I've heard of the pumice stone trick a few times---will give it a shot.

The gloves trick does work rather well, and it's currently the only thing I've tried that worked with some success. Originally tried it wet by lightly misting the carpet, but it seems to work better dry (for me, anyway).

I have had two Dysons. Loved them both until the chinsy plastic starts to break, then all the neodinium (sp?) motor and cyclone suction in the world won't help them. If they would just make them out of a more robust material, I would buy another one.

Now we get our hoovers from QVC, lol.

Mine's over a year old and I use it weekly with no issues. Nothing has broken.

I'll have to give Nitrile gloves a shot for the tight spaces, but a couple of years back I bought a hair removal tool online that was essentially a pumice stone.

So, if you go to your local drug store, go to the beauty section and pick one up. You can also cut them to whatever shape you want.

Drags across the upholstry/carpet and collects the hair in one big pile to get vaccuumed up... works wonders.

I have a lab. I use what the Wolfy does, only I do a couple other things to help.

A light mist of water, followed by a light mist of Febreze on the mats or carpets, nothing that will soak in, will A. Help reduce the static electricity in the pet hair, and aid in getting it from the carpet. B. Leave a nice little scent as you work.

yo chris aka MookSS,

thx for tip i will try next time i detail my DD :banana:

I have a lab. I use what the Wolfy does, only I do a couple other things to help.

A light mist of water, followed by a light mist of Febreze on the mats or carpets, nothing that will soak in, will A. Help reduce the static electricity in the pet hair, and aid in getting it from the carpet. B. Leave a nice little scent as you work.

Try the Dyson one... The way they designed it, it works better than any I'd used before. Most rely on the air flowing through the beater bar area to turn a turbine, but Dyson's sucks it in from the side so when you put it in the carpet it actually pulls HARDER than free wheeling. Pretty neat design.:bow:

I have had two Dysons. Loved them both until the chinsy plastic starts to break, then all the neodinium (sp?) motor and cyclone suction in the world won't help them. If they would just make them out of a more robust material, I would buy another one.

Now we get our hoovers from QVC, lol.

I have something like that from my old Hoover. I tried it the other night with my new Dyson and it worked great.

Try the Dyson one... The way they designed it, it works better than any I'd used before. Most rely on the air flowing through the beater bar area to turn a turbine, but Dyson's sucks it in from the side so when you put it in the carpet it actually pulls HARDER than free wheeling. Pretty neat design.:bow:

I also have a Shiba Inu (named Chewy). She is mixed with a german shepard. So picture a 60-pound shiba. THAT is a lot of fur. We tried everything on the dog and finally got a furminator (http://yhst-21465808249783.stores.yahoo.net/). It works on the pup and she loves it and it works on the very old burbur carpet in the house. ( I don't recomend using it on carpet you care about, I have no idea what will happen. I have yet to try it in the car. I have also heard that a new, clean, toilet brush works well in the car.

Brush me!!!

DSC000041.jpg

A Wolfy should know!:jester:

:lolsmack: :lolsmack:

well it was not in detailing that i discovered the above type brush....I luv dogs & my last dog was a husky (died about a year ago) & she went with me everywhere! A type of that brush was intro to me by a friend & its been my go to for hair removal......the latex gloves do pretty good to :P

and when i grow out my bread and hair i shed like a w0lf lol

here is the type of brush i use for most hair removal and it works great ..... hope Adams can find a USA equivalent one day............

these can be found a lot of places just google rubber pet hair brush or something similar lol

petbrushaction.jpg

autogeek_2136_1873738

2 ways to go in my experience:

Option 1 - tape lint roller, available almost anywhere, but you'll constantly be buying more. Each roll is only good for a couple uses b/c you be pulling off the top sheet after just one section of a seat.

Option 2 - Scotch make a pet hair remover thing call Fur Fighter... instead of sticky its like very fine velcro. It only works on certain material types, others not so much so this on is a hit or miss.

Archived