Customer Service 866.965.0400

Thought on The Linting Towel/Woolite Debate

BRZN

Question

How many of us with the linting towel issue have what I have?

A Front Load High Efficiency Washing Machine?

In this machine the Woolite suds up rather excessively compared to the HE Machine specific detergent we use on our family laundry. With the Microfiber, I run a second rinse every time but still find I have to boil them more often than I ever had to with the "regular" old top load machine (actually never boiled towels in the top loadder). Perhaps the Woolite isn't rinsing completely out?

20 answers to this question

?microfiber detergent ...I have used Woolite in a reg washer. Where do you buy MF detergent? You laundry guru dude....:lolsmack:

It's called microrestore and it rocks. As was mentioned detailersdomain.com carries it (Adam's retailer)

Paychek , What else are you adding to the soaking bucket? Ive been using Generic Woolite in a top loader and have not had a problem as yet. I don't wash them as often as many of you do but i try to wash them after they have been used a good bit.Like removing the wax from a whole car. Then it goes in teh wash bag. Once I get enough together I'll wash them Or I run out of towels. i always separate the paint towels from the other dirtier job lesser quailty towels.

My biggest problem has been line drying. Stuff falls out of the air / trees and sticks to the towels. I have since installed a line in the garage to dry on.

Interesting... I've looked and none of the stores around here carry an He compatible woolite. Just standard, woolite for dark colors, and thats it. No He, my wife was actually pretty annoyed by that when we got the new machines since she had a lot of things she would wash with woolite before.

I picked it up at Kmart but they no longer carry it. It was the only place I saw it.

There was an He formulation of Woolite. I used it for a while then switched to mf specific detergents like Microrestore.

Interesting... I've looked and none of the stores around here carry an He compatible woolite. Just standard, woolite for dark colors, and thats it. No He, my wife was actually pretty annoyed by that when we got the new machines since she had a lot of things she would wash with woolite before.

You may have a point there, and thus the reason I use HE certified detergents only. The HE washers are using substantially less water and thus need less soap and a soap geared specifically to the low water use.

While woolite might be gentle, theres really no telling what it does at high concentrations over extended periods of time. I'm no detergent chemist, but a laundry soap has to be acidic or alkaline, even slightly, to do its job and break down stains. If the woolite remains embedded in the fibers maybe that concentrated soap mixture begins to have a negative effect on the towel fibers.

This is why I maintain that woolite is a waste really... an allergen friendly soap (low dye, low perfume) which are available in traditional style and HE friendly is my recommendation and I have never experienced towel issues other than when they just get really old and worn out. I know AJ swears by woolite, but in contrast the volume of towels that I go thru compared to him would be pretty substantial so while it might work for him I'd still recommend looking at something like tide free and clear or equivalent soaps.

Archived