Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do you use a detail cart ???????

1FAST SS

Question

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'm not sure that its officially called a detailing cart by the manufacturer (Craftsman) but I use it as a detail cart. My Dad was adamant that I had to have some sort of rolling tool cart. I asked him what I would use it for and he said I would find a use.

And as you can see from the pictures, I have. It holds lots of my Adam's products. Let me walk you through it.

The entire cart

4951533627_64dcc6460d_z.jpg

The top has places to hold tools and other things.

6096880116_36cb75c957_z.jpg

4951528083_b2a8a1dc44_z.jpg

Most frequently used items have their gallon refills at the bottom behind the spray bottles.

Middle shelf holds the S&HR, polishes (Clear, FMP Revive), leather conditioner, spray nozzle for foam gun, SuperVRT, VRT applicators. I no longer keep towels there. Those go into a special tote bag I received from some tradeshow i attended.

4951531311_cf3369a134_z.jpg

Drawers hold all of the various hex-grip applicators, microfiber applicator pads, refill funnels, leather conditioner applicators and other little odds and ends. Towels are no longer in these drawers as my applicator collection fills the drawers.

All waxes, glass sealant, claybars, metal polish #1 and Brilliant Glaze are stored inside the house.

Absolutely - an inexpensive tool cart, about $15 worth of adhesive backed foam to pad any corners (just in case of incidental car contact) a power strip mounted to it and bingo! Detail cart!!

Is the surge protector here good for a flex? What gauge?

My simple setup that doesn't take much room. The white cart is on wheels and narrow to slide into tight areas between car and wall, the heavier stuff goes on the big black shelves. I plan to replace the white cart with that new Adams Rolling cart next spring, so I don't have to drag my white cart along beside me.

20111019203348.jpg

Nope, I have a gravel drive way and I honestly don't see a point in it when you are doing a detail panel by panel because you don't move very far when you do move. Plus there is no room in my garage. I use my Adam's Bucket to sit on.

i've got the white one that Dave has for storage in my laundry room

LOL that's where I liberated mine from, it used to carry various bottles of laundry products tucked in nicely between the machine and a wall but new storage shelves made it redundant. I've given it a more noble calling of service until I can get something more proper.

Saved it from a landfill site anyway.... :2thumbs:

My simple setup that doesn't take much room. The white cart is on wheels and narrow to slide into tight areas between car and wall, the heavier stuff goes on the big black shelves. I plan to replace the white cart with that new Adams Rolling cart next spring, so I don't have to drag my white cart along beside me.

20111019203348.jpg

What's that crap on the bottom shelf??!!

I have a cart like LowNslo's except for I 1 upped him! This proves that it doesn't matter what you have someone will improve on it;). I put a couple of cloth tarp straps one on each and about the width of a bottle that way all my bottles stay standing up. I also use a couple of square Adams detail blocks as bookends to keep them in place as well. I have a ramp that I go up and down when I wash my cars. I use my cart all the time, keeps my Adam's products all in one place and organized.

I've added the Adam's Detail Cart and Shop Vac (among other things) to my garage this year and they are both excellent additions. I like the Adam's Cart because it is tall. I don't have to bend down to push it. The white one in the pic looks like it'd hurt my back to push around and I'd end up knocking everything off.

Plus, you need to get that car cover off the floor and clean it before putting it on the car!

What's that crap on the bottom shelf??!!

Some leftover products I've had around last couple of years, I still try to use them up on my winter car or wifeys car. After driving a beater truck for 16 years I bought a 2007 G5 and wanted to take care of it, but the most available 'name brand' products in this part of Canada are Mothers, Meguiars or Turtle Wax. I did want to protect my new car so I had to use something eh?

Adams products are non-existent in retail stores around here. A friend introduced me to the products she got at the Carlisle PA Mopar show in 2010 (that I missed due to illness) and she found a online Canadian distributor too, who I recently ordered some gallon jugs from. Beats paying Brokerage Fees having stuff shipped over the Border, UPS will kill you that way. We both use/share Adams stuff a lot, she has stuff I don't have yet and vice versa.

I won't say the other stuff is crap, but I do prefer the results I get from the Adams 4 step system using the PC. The other stuff will be used up in time and replaced with Adams stuff, I'm not going to just throw it out, it cost too much. ;) Next spring I'll have a go at my winter G5 with the PC and see if I can restore the once brilliant metallic blue paint.

Edited by ADH

The white one in the pic looks like it'd hurt my back to push around and I'd end up knocking everything off.

Plus, you need to get that car cover off the floor and clean it before putting it on the car!

Actually it rolls easily as there's not that much weight on it, the heavy stuff stays on the fixed shelves. But I do like the idea of a padded seat on wheels with a shelf underneath, beats the little step stool I squat on now to get down low.

And yeah the cover had just been removed from a bag it was stored in. It'll be vacuumed before I use it. The central vac canister has a outlet for a car cleaning kit and hose so that won't be a problem.

Absolutely - an inexpensive tool cart, about $15 worth of adhesive backed foam to pad any corners (just in case of incidental car contact) a power strip mounted to it and bingo! Detail cart!!

I love the power strip idea - awesome!

I've got the Adam's Detail cart. Bought it from Eric at Thompson Racing late last summer after a car show. Thing is awesome! It's another one of those items you don't realize you need until you get it.

I modified mine further than the pics show with a power strip now added under the handle as well as the rack to hold 16 oz bottles. I also drilled a few holes to hold three of my most used brushes on S hooks and threw away the thing on the middle shelf that just got in the way.