Customer Service 866.965.0400

Where can I get an AMERICAN MADE Foam Gun!!!!

1FAST SS

Question

Unfortunately Mickey.... no one makes a foam gun here in the US anymore. Gilmour and Hydro both are producing their guns in China/Taiwan.

The only thing you can do now is to try and track down units that were made before their moves. Gilmour will be a little harder to do that with.... they closed down production here in the US around October of 2008. Buying a used one or old stock is really the only option to get one made in the US at this point.

Trust me, if we had an option to get one for you guys we were confident was American made we'd already have it up on the site.

:( Truth.

I have a Gilmour quart one. I put 4 oz of shampoo and fill the rest with water. With gun at it's highest setting, I get almost three foamings on an Explorer. I wish I could tell you what the Adam's gun does, but I have never used one.

There was a post today, maybe yesterday where Dylan compared the two, but that thread is closed I think so I can't find it..

IIRC he mentioned the Adams (hydro) one foamed better, but you had to mess with tips to change the foam action versus the adjustable Gilmour...

What place were you thinking may have the American made?

There is a Napa store that is an Adam's dealer about 40 minutes from my house. I know he has a Gilmour Foam Master. I am not 100% sure it is Made in the USA, but it probably has been there awhile so odds are good that it was. Last time I was out there I thought I seen he wanted $50 or $60 for it. I know you can get cheaper on Amazon, but it probably will be a china one.

Let me know if you're interested. I can call the guy tomorrow and found out the price and if it is a US one.

I sold them to forum members. I only kept one for myself. They were $75 and came with a gallon of DS, 16 oz DS, funnel, and two True Blue towels. The guy also had 3-packs of Great Whites for $27..... I bought him out of those :D

o? I emailed Eric @ Thompson and he only had foreign stuff..

any other suggestions?

thanks!

You do realize that Eric is not the only Adam's dealer in the US. Go to the website and click the dealer's link at the top of the page. There are probably 50-100 dealers listed.

Yeah I know there's a bunch.. My question was for who is actually on the forum.. It looks like Grabiak and WCC still show inventory of USA made on their websites.. I have emailed them and am awaiting response..

Not all the dealers spend their free time on the forum. They may have better things to do, like WORK. If you want a foam gun bad enough, you'll put on your work boots and start digging. I dug up a Gilmore half-gallon brass foam gun that was made in America in about 5 minutes. Bought it for around $50.

I guess technically it may not really make a difference if you get a Hydro or Gilmour that was in fact made here, due to the fact that they are not anymore, you're not supporting US jobs since they dont exist anymore..

(I don't know if that came out the way I am thinking, but hopefully some see the point I am trying to portray)

heck, lets find a millionaire to donate some $$ so Adam's can get the machinery needed to produce them so that way we can keep production here... lol

Don't get too hung up on the USA made thing... if you need one, buy one. We're choosing not to stock them on moral grounds, but that doesn't mean you have to go without.

Its nice to support it when you can, and our economic muscle speaks more than individuals do, while its always ideal to buy made in the USA sometimes its just not feasible - at which point you make the call: Is it something you can live without or do you want it enough to compromise knowing at least you tried?

mickey the sore truth is that if you get one it will be made overseas right now

CONTACT ERIC@THOMPSON RACING he is a forum member & adams dealer he told me few months back he still had a few that were in fact made in the usa , from back when adams had the usa ones

Unfortunately Mickey.... no one makes a foam gun here in the US anymore. Gilmour and Hydro both are producing their guns in China/Taiwan.

The only thing you can do now is to try and track down units that were made before their moves. Gilmour will be a little harder to do that with.... they closed down production here in the US around October of 2008. Buying a used one or old stock is really the only option to get one made in the US at this point.

Trust me, if we had an option to get one for you guys we were confident was American made we'd already have it up on the site.

Archived