Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant

BespokeCar

Question

I applied the Adams Glass Sealant as per the videos. The only way I differed was to wipe off the reside after claying.

Before applying the Glass Sealant

5419463501_23160ac246_z_d.jpg

After applying the Glass Sealant

5420068588_9da3a98fc7_z_d.jpg

For those interested, Canon EOS 10D, EF 50mm f/1.8 ISO 400 under 1000W Halogens.

19 answers to this question

Sorry Peter! Email me your details and we'll get you a replacement cap right away!

:(

I love you guys! :patriot:

Thanks for the offer and the apology. Not necessarily necessary. I've got a couple of the pour spouts from older 4oz bottles. Just never thought of changing them out.

That explains why my sealant sprayer is stopped working after the 2 time I used it. I've been pouring it on the pad. A little wasteful though.

Sorry Peter! Email me your details and we'll get you a replacement cap right away!

:(

If you notice that sprayer start to give you problems shoot me a message and we'll send you a pour top. Its a problem that was brought to our attention by some customers where they'd use it 1 or 2x and then the sprayer would quit on them b/c the sealant had eaten the little ring inside of it.

That explains why my sealant sprayer is stopped working after the 2 time I used it. I've been pouring it on the pad. A little wasteful though.

BG contains more carnuba than BSG did... as a result it has the potential to clog sprayers. It actually did clog a lot of sprayers in testing. Plus, there really wasn't a reason to have a spray honestly - if you sprayed on the car you got overspray everywhere... if you sprayed on the app you got overspray all over your shoes LOL.

a little off topic, but is this also the reasoning why BSG became BG and now has a pour top instead of sprayer? or did that change involve the product also

Nope, it became a pour/squeeze because BG was too thick to spray and clogged the sprayer. BSG was considerably thinner.

Chris

We changed to a pour top b/c the product would eat sprayers.... the concentration level of the stuff just would completely deteriorate the guts of that little 4oz sprayer after you used it. Lesson learned.

a little off topic, but is this also the reasoning why BSG became BG and now has a pour top instead of sprayer? or did that change involve the product also

Dylan, I got the sprayer too and I ordered it last week. I'm going to use mine tomorrow for the first time. I'm going to do a comparison between Adam's glass sealant and Amsoil Rain Clear. I've used the Amsoil a while back and really liked it. Since I came to Adam's everyone is raving about the Glass Sealent. I'm really curious to see these two side by side. On a side note - Amsoil does not make their sealent any more.

I only got mine a few weeks ago and got the pump sprayer. For application, I followed what Adam did in his 2 part video.

If you notice that sprayer start to give you problems shoot me a message and we'll send you a pour top. Its a problem that was brought to our attention by some customers where they'd use it 1 or 2x and then the sprayer would quit on them b/c the sealant had eaten the little ring inside of it.

We changed to a pour top b/c the product would eat sprayers.... the concentration level of the stuff just would completely deteriorate the guts of that little 4oz sprayer after you used it.

So same process... shake well, pour a small amount onto the app, spread in a cross hatch pattern, allow to haze, then buff away residue with glass towel and glass cleaner if needed.

Ahh, gotcha

Thanks Dylan

We changed to a pour top b/c the product would eat sprayers.... the concentration level of the stuff just would completely deteriorate the guts of that little 4oz sprayer after you used it. Lesson learned. If we watered it down a lot it would spray without issues, but it wouldn't perform nearly as well.

So same process... shake well, pour a small amount onto the app, spread in a cross hatch pattern, allow to haze, then buff away residue with glass towel and glass cleaner if needed.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pKpKWIUgtj8?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was gonna start my own thread, but thought I'd ask here.

I just got my glass sealant this week and was wondering how you guys are applying it? I noticed in Adam's instructional video he sprays it onto the microfiber applicator pad, but the one I got has a spout top, instead of the sprayer top.

So which is the right way to apply it?

I applied the Adams Glass Sealant as per the videos. The only way I differed was to wipe off the reside after claying.

Before applying the Glass Sealant

5419463501_23160ac246_z_d.jpg

After applying the Glass Sealant

5420068588_9da3a98fc7_z_d.jpg

For those interested, Canon EOS 10D, EF 50mm f/1.8 ISO 400 under 1000W Halogens.

I wipe between process as well.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Archived