Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car shampoo, fire nozzle & professional pad review

Captain Slow

Question

Yesterday and today I had the pleasure to use my latest Adam's additions. I started Saturday afternoon washing the G8 GT. I used about 1.5 ounces in a bucket of warm water with a grit guard. I used 2 BM w/grit guards. I poured the shampoo directly on the wash pad and filled the bucket with the new nozzle and hose. The fire nozzle went on a new 3/4" industrial grade rubber hose. (The hose is made in the good old USA, but the lovely Mrs. already tossed the cardboard hose wrap so I can't tell you the maker. Anyway, I got it at the local Menard's.) I connected the hose to the warm and cold faucets in my laundry room and played with the mix until I had it to about 80*F. The Y converter I used does restrict the pressure. Still, I was amazed at the stream the nozzle put out. Standing at the entrance to my garage I was able to hit the street over 50' away with the stream. WOW! I cleaned my car and left the shampoo on until I was done with the whole car (something I've never done with any other mfr's soap.) It rinsed off completely and left no film. A flooding rinse left nary a drop on the car. I dried her off with my WW WW towels.

This morning my wife's TBSS got the same treatment but with a twist. I used Barry's Ultimate Wash & Wax. I had nowhere near the suds and after doing the roof, windows and hood I had to get the hose out and rinse. :(

The pad still held a lot of soapy water and cleaned well, it's just that the Adam's Car Shampoo worked so much better.

So what do I think of my new additions?

Car shampoo: Made gobs of suds, smells great, cleans great and did not leave a water spot anywhere. All of my previous car wash soap purchases will go into the foam gun ASAP. (Mom and the neighbors will love me.) My next Adam's purchase: A gallon of car shampoo.

Fire nozzle: This thing is the real deal. It is solid, very well built and does what it's supposed to: puts out a strong stream to a fine mist with the twist of your wrist. If you're on the fence about buying one because of the price do yourself a favor and GET IT! You will not be disappointed. Be sure to get yourself at least a 3/4" diameter hose.

In the 25+ years I've been working on my vehicles finishes I've probably bought a new nozzle or two every year. What a waste of $$$

The fire nozzle is so well built I think my 2 y/o daughters will be fighting over it after I've passed away.

Professional wash pad: When I got this pad out of the box a couple of days ago I thought Adam's had sent me the Jumbo pad. I had to measure it to confirm the size. It holds copious amounts of water, cleans well and releases junk into the grit guard easily. I'm torn between getting another pad or the Jumbo.

My old MF pads and mitts are already being used for under the hood,door jambs, wheels and arches.

Thank you Adam for such great products :thumbsup: and thank you Dylan for getting me hooked. :thumbsup:

18 answers to this question

Im just curious, does the soap get really foamy?

I've tried some soaps, and no matter how much soap you put in, You get very little foam.

Soap where? In the bucket? That all depends! I can make mine foam like no other if I want, but that isn't gonna get my paint clean!

Make sure your bucket is clean, turn the water setting to almost all the way hot, slam your washpad(s) into said bucket, lay one ounce on each pad, and add according water. I never have suds issues. :2thumbs:

Our soap does foam up quite well as compared to a lot of the popular OTC brands. Follow the method Mook suggested - pour a few oz onto the was pad while its in the bucket, then use the hose to make foam. I reach into the bucket a few times will filling and squish the pad to make sure the soap gets fully mixed.

I see a second fire-hose nozzle for the spigot in my back yard in the very near future. It is really that good. I used the old blue one yesterday to rinse off floor mats and there is no comparison to this one. I have at least 4 different nozzles like this and this one so much better. You can control the spray so easily I don't hesitate to use this inside the garage.

A definite big thank you is in order to Adam for finding this fine USA made tool! Really nice to have someone go out and find the best stuff for his customers!

I used to fill up the bucket, pour some soap and pour more water. It foams up nicely when I'm using dawn, but with some automotive soaps, I could hardly get any.

When the gallon of soap and buckets are on special I'll be ordering it!

Here you go!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=19>box_01.gif</TD><TH class=white align=left width=462 bgColor=#5a616f>Daily Special: Wash Kit w/ Choice of FREE Wash Pad & One Low Price!!</TH><TD width=19>box_03.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD background=/images/box_04.gif height=135> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#f3f4f5><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">

572.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"> </TD><TD width="46%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Daily Special: Wash Kit w/ Choice of FREE Wash Pad & One Low Price!!</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Catalog No: DLYSPC</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Price: $49.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!--var VariantMinimumQty_572_651 = 0;var SelectedVariantInventory_572_651 = 999736;function AddToCartForm_572_651_Validator(theForm) { submitonce(theForm); if ((theForm.Quantity.value*1) < 1) { alert("Please specify the quantity you want to add to your cart"); theForm.Quantity.focus(); submitenabled(theForm); return (false); } submitenabled(theForm); return (true); }//--></SCRIPT><FORM id=AddToCartForm_572_651 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_572_651 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_572_651_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d6%26SEName%3dspecials method=post> </FORM>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>24 hours of shine and savings!! Updated every weekday with a new money saving deal that you can only get here!! </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

sorry to say,  but, I am not a fan (at all) of the firehose nozzle.  I've had one for a few months now and I do not like it.  the adjustable stream adjusts itself (keeps going from a spray to a stream on it's own).  it is difficult to make adjustments (it requires two hands to adjust, probably because the adams hose connection has a swivel on it too) and the least bothersome thing is the shape,  it is much easier to hold onto a handled sprayer rather than the nozzle.

I love most of adams products but this one is a huge "missed the mark" for me.

Edited by Chobbs

There is a known "hotfix" for the nozzle being over lubricated from the factory.  Literally takes two minutes to do.  I would advise giving that a shot and see if it changes your opinion of it.

Agreed. The factory errors on the side of caution when they put the nozzles together and goes heavy on the center shaft grease. If you take the nozzle apart (pretty easy to do with basic hand tools) and remove the excess grease it will stiffen up the movement a little and prevent the 'self adjust'. 

There is a known "hotfix" for the nozzle being over lubricated from the factory.  Literally takes two minutes to do.  I would advise giving that a shot and see if it changes your opinion of it.

Agreed. The factory errors on the side of caution when they put the nozzles together and goes heavy on the center shaft grease. If you take the nozzle apart (pretty easy to do with basic hand tools) and remove the excess grease it will stiffen up the movement a little and prevent the 'self adjust'. 

Here is the thread Craig:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/17983-fire-hose-nozzle-issue-resolved/