Customer Service 866.965.0400

To sell or not to sell

lawson4450

So I have been debating whether or not I should sell my truck and get something new to work on. With the purchase of a new house and having a new baby I will be trying to find a new daily driver but i still want something to work on on the side. So do I keep my truck which has 127,000 miles on it and I know every nuance of the truck or do I find something else and start all over again. I have had my truck since 5 miles old, I ordered the truck new in december of 98 it was one of the first of the 99 new body style chevy pickups in this area. I have done alot of work and spent probably around 25 to 30 K in upgrades, downgrades and in between with body work and such not including the price of the truck. I am very emotionally attached to the truck but would it be worth it to just blow it apart and start it from scratch or do I just sell it and use the money to find say a regular cab shortbed with the bigger motor already in it and go from there? Maybe find a florida or texas truck with no rust and just go to town. I really dont know what to do here this truck is part of me but maybe its time to let go?

carlisle09009.jpg

carlisle09010.jpg

carlisle09011.jpg

carlisle09012.jpg

carlisle09014.jpg

:confused::confused::confused:

Why not let it go and let someone else pamper it? That's a really nice truck Dan. One thing I will say though is that once those little ones come along............there's never enough money. It's like they suck it out of you with diapers and formula and dr's appts, etc. If you can afford to put money into another new toy, then go for it! Something to consider.

I am going through the same dilemma with my turbo'd Civic. I have put a lot of time and money into it and of course there is the emotional attachment as well. I suppose all you can do if you are to sell it is ensure it goes to a good owner that, like Rich said, pamper it like you have. Best of luck, whatever you decide!

Dan, if you sell that truck I will come down and personally slap you!! Think about this again in a year, with the new house and the little one your not going to have a lot of time and (I think) your gonna wish you had your old finished truck back!!!

Archived