Customer Service 866.965.0400

I bought a Dog House

crowvet

Question

:willy: I bought a 2000 Chevy Metro to resell. It is a good little car. BUT the previous owner used it as a Farm/dog car. The dog hair after 2 hours of vacuuming is still pretty heavy. Anyone know how to get this out of the carpet nap?

Try using latex gloves and rub your hand on the carpet while you vaccuum....... You will be pleasantly surprised!

I will try that, sounds like agreat idea.

Match!!!

This would be my last resort:lol:

Misting the carpet lightly before using the rubber furrbrush thing, no branding mentioned, with water helps a ton.

I have a Lab who owns the back of my SS...it works. ;)

Hmmmm, Wonder if I could mist with detail spray so it smells nicer? Those of you who wanted pictures..... I have already spend considerable time on it, but I will get a few almost before and after shots.

I have had some success with a new, clean, plastic toilet brush. Good for some of the harder to reach areas. Looks like it could actually be better and easier if you remove the seats.

:iagree:I have already decided on that. I can then use my pressure washer on the frame rails ect.

After looking at those pics, I still think my answer is the best way to handle it... A match!!

I think the best way to hanfdles this is to take everything you can out of the car, seats and all!!!

Looks like it needs a groomer more than a detailer :lolsmack:

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

If you have the time and patience after trying everything mentioned above then you could take a pair of tweezers and pull out the hair that is left behind.

Of course, that might take you a few years. :jester:

By the way the pics look they never cleaned the interior of that! How could they stand it to look that way?? twzonesmiley.gif

After looking at those pics, I still think my answer is the best way to handle it... A match!!

I think the best way to hanfdles this is to take everything you can out of the car, seats and all!!!

Yep,seats are definitely coming out. What brand of matches would you use for best results?

Looks like it needs a groomer more than a detailer :lolsmack:

:lol::lol::lol:

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

If you have the time and patience after trying everything mentioned above then you could take a pair of tweezers and pull out the hair that is left behind.

Of course' date=' that might take you a few years. :jester:

By the way the pics look they never cleaned the interior of that! How could they stand it to look that way?? [img']http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc237/sweetee1207/Smileys/twzonesmiley.gif[/img]

That is after cleaning out the heavy crap and vacuuming. unbelievable huh? Funny thing is, I own a auto repair shop and the car has been very well maintained mechanically since new.

I'll second the latex glove notion. It works very well just using dry latex gloves to rub the hair. It bundles all the hair into little balls that will vacuum up easily. Takes a while, but is the easiest method I've found.

My truck gets hairy like that about once a month (I own a Siberian Husky). This is after spending about 20-30 minutes rubbing & vacuuming the entire carpet.

5520680145_9e450ffddf_b.jpg

5520802109_f2121ccf52_b.jpg

Thanks Dylan, I will definitely give that a try.. I really don't want to replace the carpet. Value of the car is not worth the expense:thumbsup:

If you have any friends with dog's ask if they have any extra brushes, most dog owners have dozens of them :2thumbs:

I've used a rubber pet hair brush before with some success... it won't fix EVERYTHING, but it will definitely give you a fighting chance.

http://www.amazon.com/S-M-Arnold-Incorporated-25-600/dp/B00331QRS2

Thanks Dylan, I will definitely give that a try.. I really don't want to replace the carpet. Value of the car is not worth the expense:thumbsup:

Archived