Customer Service 866.965.0400

Revive and the PC

garcmol

Question

Would anyone see a problem with using Revive and a black pad just to cleanse the paint? Went through paint correction in the fall and just clayed the car again getting ready for the season and I don't see many problem areas. A few little scratches, the normal wear due to being a daily driver. Just think the polishing would be quicker with the PC.:grouphug:

Thanks for the write up on the above post. Great explanation of the products. I was one of those that tried to correlate Revive to Machine Polish. That is why in the Detailing Reference guide it says you can "mix the two" (Revive and SHR) as necessary to remove minor paint imperfections by hand. Revive alone can't do it.

Thanks...sorry for the delayed response. It's FMP, followed by hand Revive, BG and Americana. Stay tuned for the results. If this weather keeps up, I won't be reporting till the middle of May.:(

Sorry to hi-jack your thread. I thought it would be good to discuss hand vs. machine methods and the mixing of the two to get a "shine like mine" (Junkman famous quote).

Good info Norman, now stop unhijacking your own thread :lolsmack:

Well, I'm the OP and the original question had nothing to do with SHR, FMP or any other color of pad. It was Revive + Black Pad + PC...... and it came out perfect. The car didn't need any further correction, I was looking for a way to polish the paint with NO correction.

This combo works great.

Couple of notes

1) I tried the 3 pea size drops and found that there isn't much play time with that little of product.

2) went to an X pattern and that worked great with a 2' x 2' area. Tried the X again for the next section and it worked longer. So, I went to X pattern for first pass, then 3 pea size drops and this was perfect.

3) With no cut in a black pad I found that there was literally no clogging of the pad. Once I had the method down, one pad did the entire car.

4) Don't work it long, it's intended to clean the paint. So once it's on and make two passes, your done! Wipe and move on.

That was my take on it. I know the detailing chart system by heart, but you gotta think outside the box sometimes. Plus my shoulders thanked me :bow:

Well, I'm the OP and the original question had nothing to do with SHR, FMP or any other color of pad. It was Revive + Black Pad + PC...... and it came out perfect. The car didn't need any further correction, I was looking for a way to polish the paint with NO correction.

This combo works great.

Couple of notes

1) I tried the 3 pea size drops and found that there isn't much play time with that little of product.

2) went to an X pattern and that worked great with a 2' x 2' area. Tried the X again for the next section and it worked longer. So, I went to X pattern for first pass, then 3 pea size drops and this was perfect.

3) With no cut in a black pad I found that there was literally no clogging of the pad. Once I had the method down, one pad did the entire car.

4) Don't work it long, it's intended to clean the paint. So once it's on and make two passes, your done! Wipe and move on.

That was my take on it. I know the detailing chart system by heart, but you gotta think outside the box sometimes. Plus my shoulders thanked me :bow:

we were talking about mixing Revive with SHR

My question then remains.....SHR first, Revive second on a car that has no visible swirls or scratching even under a million watt quartz bulb? I'm interested in what to do for the .1 percent of the car that has a micro scratch or two. Do I waste my time doing SHR first, with the chance of putting scratches in a scratch-free finish or is it safe to use by hand? Would I see a difference if I did one panel with SHR then Revive next to a Revive only panel? Otherwise I'll just go straight Revive by hand then Americana. Sorry I'm being so anal about this.:confused:

If the paint is in that good of a condition why even use SHR ? Go FMP then Revive. That's what I'll be doing this weekend :2thumbs:

My question then remains.....SHR first, Revive second on a car that has no visible swirls or scratching even under a million watt quartz bulb? I'm interested in what to do for the .1 percent of the car that has a micro scratch or two. Do I waste my time doing SHR first, with the chance of putting scratches in a scratch-free finish or is it safe to use by hand? Would I see a difference if I did one panel with SHR then Revive next to a Revive only panel? Otherwise I'll just go straight Revive by hand then Americana. Sorry I'm being so anal about this.:confused:

Spot correction? Just do the panel.

IMO you probably would see a difference if you did one panel with Revive, and didn't do the adjacent panel with Revive.

What about it? You can... it just kinda dulls the impact of either product... you won't get all the benefit of either product... it'll kinda be somewhere in the middle.

Did the Revive/PC application last night myself - works GREAT and saves me time and my shoulders! Great thing about Revive is that you can use it in the door handles and other places you can't get to with the PC without having to find/use another product. Very easy on/off - almost fun! Really a very nice product which definitely brightens up the paint right before the BG/Americana!!

Stunning on Red!!

... I use revive as a last step before wax. But since the paint doesn't need corrected in certain areas I just wanted to see if anyone had used Revive with the machine or if there would be a problem with it.

Thanks again!

Most of today's colors have some kind of flake or pearl in them. When I'm dealing with flat, dark colors, I will use Revive on a white pad after FMP to enrich my final results. So I'm one who uses Revive with the PC.

If you have a spare gray pad I say go for it... I've done it a few times myself for quick cleanup on the wifes ride since its white and stored outside 24/7 theres times its just not worth the effort and the faster I can make an improvement the better.[/quote

Dylan; Do you use a lower speed then five with the pc,for Revive?

Also will it look clear when it's used up and ready to remove?

They've already sold me FMP, lol ~ and the whole arsenal! I love these products, just thinking outside the box. The paint is corrected with small areas that need to be addressed....and those will be addressed with the proper product and technique.

I use revive as a last step before wax. But since the paint doesn't need corrected in certain areas I just wanted to see if anyone had used Revive with the machine or if there would be a problem with it.

Thanks again!

Oh, one more thing. I just got a Honda Passport to clean up for a business associate's daughter...it's WHITE...and I've been trying to devise a method of attack for this thing. It's in pretty bad shape but it's not in the budget to do a real polish/paint correction. I had planned on using my Makita to make quick work of polishing, but I'd be happy to do Revive with the PC and have some side by side photos if anyone's interested.

I'm glad Dylan chimed in and reassured everyone. I guess the point to be made is that FMP is designed for the PC while Revive is designed for HAND. Nevertheless, they are two different products. My guess is that people try to correlate a one-to-one relationship between the hand products and the machine products, but that's isn't 100% accurate. The first couple of times I used FMP, I was of the impression that it was such a light polish, that it was more of a machine applied paint cleansing product, but there are indeed abrasives in there. As Doug123 suggests, FMP is a really nice polish...it's just not aggressive in nature, but it is an actual polish that will handle minor/light swirls. I too really like it. Revive is a "non-abrasive paint cleanser"...says so right on the label...and therefore will have no corrective action. But, there is absolutely no reason at all it can't be applied by machine.

A paint cleanser's purpose is to brighten the paint (or clear coat) and can basically be thought of as a "wax prep" step and many people will polish to correct defects, cleanse to beautify, and then seal to lock in the results of all of your hard work. It matters not if it's done by hand or machine.

For those still in doubt, try it. Polish until you're happy, use a paint cleanser as a sealer/wax prep and see if you can tell a difference. Some colors and finishes you may be able to...some may not. If you can't see much of a difference, then don't waste the product or your time. On my white car, using a paint cleanser really brightened it up, much like a Crest Whitening strip for your paint.

- Darryl

While Revive does indeed go on VERY easy by hand and I also agree with Mook and Muscle (you guys should start a morning radio show)

- Darryl

Junkman has his own forum section.....maybe it's time for the Muscle n' Mook section to appear. :2thumbs:

I also agree with the last post ..... the FMP is the product to use with the PC. To his credit, Adam's products are specifically engineered to work best as designed. Revive = hand. FMP = machine. Adam's really doesn't use the old addage One Size Fits All. :patriot:

Archived