Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Ya, we thought they were tied to the post till we drove by and they headed the other direction. So mike pulled into the gas station, I ran across the street to grab them. That chain was freaking heavy! Like is that really needed? Looks like the broke off a tether but still they were hooked to something together like that with not much room to be apart from each other and do their own thing

I did a quick interior clean up then went to one of the local Catholic churches for some pics. I need to invest in a decent camera and polarizing filter. Of the 40-50 pics I took I get two borderline usable:

Latesummer2012washnwax003.jpg

On the way there I passed some dude cutting his grass that was discharging out into the street!:help: Can you say static cling?!? :mad:

Latesummer2012washnwax004.jpg

Well Yesterday i installed new front and side doors in my house.

2012-09-03_12-56-49_734.jpg

2012-09-03_17-16-16_69.jpg

I had a long weekend of home renevations. I also went to fix what i thought was a small leak in my roof and found out that a bunch of trim work on my house was rotten. So I had to rip it down and install new trim and I installed a rain gutter.

Next up, Asbestos siding removal yay!

Today I woke up early and called around to about 6 different insurance companies to get quotes for auto insurance. Does anyone have experience with AAA? They were by far the lowest out of all the major insurance providers. Then after spending all afternoon doing that I came into work and will be here till about 1 AM

Drove in the pouring rain going to and coming home from the office. YAAAAAAYYYY!!! Keep on raining baby, we need it. :banana:

This weekend is supposed to be 69 tomorrow and 71 on Sunday so both vehicles will get washed. Mama's TBSS needs attention but it is still too soon to do any wax or sealant on the fresh paint. Mine has 3 coats of Americana so I'm good to go until the pre-winter sealant in October or November. HMMMM...maybe I'll do mom's 18 year old Volvo while I'm there tomorrow. My monster in law has been asking me to do her white Impala so perhaps I'll be the good soon/son in law tomorrow. :D

Spent all day on planes yesterday getting back from Svalbard, Norway, a few hundred miles from the North Pole. Longyearbeyn, Svalbard-->Oslo-->Amsterdam-->Atlanta. About 21 hours with layovers.

It sure was nice seeing my clean car in the deck at the airport. Everything in Svalbard is caked in dirt; there are only a couple of paved roads.

Today I was able to sleep in, unpack, run some errands, and spend quality time with the family.

Heading to my moms! Finally some much needed agility training with diesel, so that means the G8 is getting packed up with jumps and a tunnel lol theres been so many kids move into our area that I've been unable to set up my equipment but most importantly I get to drive my sexy shiny G8 down the highway ?

Sweet lord, can we switch places?

Our 5 Day Forecast:

Either that's an old forecast or you're not in South Carolina at present. :confused:

This

Afternoon

scttsra40.png

Scattered

Thunderstorms

High: 90 °F

Tonight

ntsra60.png

Thunderstorms

Likely

Low: 72 °F

Sunday

scttsra30.png

Chance

Thunderstorms

High: 85 °F

Sunday

Night

nfew.png

Mostly

Clear

Low: 64 °F

Monday

skc.png

Sunny

High: 84 °F

Monday

Night

nskc.png

Clear

Low: 60 °F

Tuesday

few.png

Sunny

Tuesday

Night

nfew.png

Mostly

Clear

Low: 61 °F

Wednesday

few.png

Sunny

Showed all our vehicles some Adam's love: Washed the wife's Infinity G37S along with an application of quick sealant and a wax. Washed my BMW. Wrapped up my Denali's detail job with a hard polish of the roof and then a wax. Then washed the rest of the truck. I should've taken pictures but I was wore out after all that! Maybe tomorrow.

Flex, SHR, FMP, MSS.

g8polished-1.jpg

g8polished-2.jpg

g8polished-3.jpg

g8polished-4.jpg

Tomorrow it's glaze and wax. Then the tape can come off.

Things that irk me about polishing!

1. Tape-up. Of course, taping up the plastics on the car to protect them from polish work and especially from waxes. But it appears that Adams products have done their job keeping the plastics from drying out because tape just will NOT stick securely to the plastics and rubber on this car! I even specifically avoided treating with VRT beforehand! Yargh!
  2. Exhaustion. 11 hours of work, pressing a polisher up against the car, sitting down and standing up repeatedly, means my body wears out, and by the end of the ordeal I'm struggling to stand up, maintain my balance, and control the polisher because my muscles are just tired. So by the end of the ordeal, I'm spending as much time swearing at my own body as I am at the polisher and my cantankerous halogen work lights (the cinches on the stand don't hold so it tends to collapse to its shortest position)!
  3. Buffing off wax and praying a piece of dirt didn't get caught in your buffing cloth that will put a few marks in your paint and make you break out the polish aaaaall over again.

Edited by Eidolon

Today I am recovering from the weekend at VIR!

Whew! I am beat! That was a blast. It was my first time (holiday laps don't count) and I was definitely the FNG in the group. You know you are bad when the golf cart passes you on the backstretch :blink:

Like Doug, The G8 is the first car I've tracked. She performed great! Well beyond my abilities. You can tell how heavy the car is when you start tossing it at the corners. But it just powers right on out. My instructor had me do the entire track in 4th gear so I could concentrate on learning the line, and the car just powered through the course without issue. The torque is amazing!

Day one leaves you wondering what the heck you are doing there, but it comes together on day two. Comfort and confidence levels really pick up.

Watching the other groups there is awesome! Watching Doug scream down the front stretch into turn one was cool! The car looks like it belongs on the track.

My instructor, Anne, drives an awesome Corvette race car. Going for a ride in it was an experience to say the least.

I might have to get a cheap Miata and use it for a learning car. :hmm:

I did manage to make a couple passes on my last run!

47C88A7F-40CD-4C2C-A890-220BD690A6CA-248-0000003F1AE4E53D.jpg