Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Got 2 cars washed.  Didn't get to the truck.  Kind of a lazy day after traveling all day yesterday and getting home at 0300.  Had the neighbors asking me about washing their cars, while I was doing mine.  Neighbor across the street needs his hood repainted, however.  Another neighbor offered to pay me.  Wish I had more time than I do.  Starting a finishing on a basement this next weekend.  Cutting holes in concrete floor to move plumbing.  Sounds hard, but isn't.  Just time consuming.  Just as therapeutic as washing the car for me.

Had an amazing day.  After my Grandparents passed away last year there was some concern that the family might drift apart so we've been trying to think of things to get us all together.  Well last month the whole family went in and bought a cabin on the river and after some renovations it was finally time for a first Sunday cook out.  It was great, we all got together and just had a good time.  I know Grandma and Grandpa were smiling down on us today. 

I spent a few hours yesterday getting the oil changed in the Enclave as well as it's air filter, and also tackled the oil change on the G8.

Now, I just have the trucks to do soon.  I have about 200 miles on it.  I like to get the factory crap out right away. 

Tonight...  GRASS CUTTING!  

Chris

Washing, sealing, glazing, waxing the Jeep getting ready to sell the beast. Work? - Maybe if I have time

That's too bad!  Seems like a lot of stuff going bye-bye...  I sold my two motorcycles this year though, so I know what it's like.  Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.  Sucks that the other vehicle is a Camry though.  ;) 

Today, I'm at work, but yesterday at was at the MotoGP race at Laguna Seca raceway in Monterey, CA.  I got there early so I could park my matte black Streetfighter (1098) on Ducati Island (cleaned with Adam's products, of course).

DucatiIsland2013

today I got a text message saying that my mom is going in for another CT scan, will know if your mom has pancreatic cancer tomorrow around 10:30. Doctors gut feeling is its cancer. So I  have been sitting in the same spot for several hours now not sure what to do or what to think at the moment. Definitely a shock to my system and life. I made the mistake of doing some research on the net and only made me feel worse.

Makes for a long night...

today I got a text message saying that my mom is going in for another CT scan, will know if your mom has pancreatic cancer tomorrow around 10:30. Doctors gut feeling is its cancer. So I  have been sitting in the same spot for several hours now not sure what to do or what to think at the moment. Definitely a shock to my system and life. I made the mistake of doing some research on the net and only made me feel worse.

Makes for a long night...

Sorry to hear Vincent.. Try to stay positive..  Best wishes to your mom for kicking that C..

Thanks, its really rough so far. Got up for work and its been the longest hours of my life waiting. Down to about 2.5 hours til I hear anything at all about whats going on. It sucks how the brain thinks the worst no matter how positive you try to stay.

Only thing that keeps popping into my head is the movie Space Cowboys, Tommy Lee Jones says, "What is a pancreas anyhow? I mean, I don't know what the damn thing does for you besides give you cancer."

Edited by Vink70

I learned that leaving Glass Sealant on before wiping it off hours later does nothing but make for more difficult removal. I did learn that a slightly more than damp mf towel works great for removal. Lesson learned: follow the instructions! ;) Now we just need some rain to see the new coat in action. I also dug a plastic frog out of the depths of my tackle box. I can't wait to give it a whirl before sun up tomorrow morning.

I said a prayer for Vincent and family. Peace and strength to you.

Tumor the size of a baseball. Too many spots on her lungs to count. Its also in her liver. Biopsy on liver tomorrow. Oncologist a week after that. Doctor estimates stage 4. Feeling destroyed. Im trying to keep busy. I took half day off work when I found out and took tomorrow off as well. Going to try to keep myself busy. They are moving my brother to Virginia tomorrow and she wanted to do that so I just have to stay occupied. Ill be going back to work Thursday but coming back here to detail a car friday. Helps me to keep my mind off of things I guess.

Going to take it day by day for now and see where we are at. Lots of things to plan for including maybe even moving up our wedding. We are not jumping the gun on anything yet since we have to wait for more info but waiting is just as bad as anything else. Looking at her, you would never even know she has cancer. She doesn't look it, sound it, or even show it at all.

You don't realize how much your mom does until something like this threatens her life. She pays all the bills around here. She does all the laundry. She loans money when its needed. She is the glue of the family and I know its going to be a rough road. Im going to try to spend as much time with her as I can when I can.

We have heard stories of people beating cancer the size of grapefruits and my moms is supposedly only the size of a baseball. But the stories we hear are keeping our heads up and trying to do the best we can. Its weird but its almost like if I try not to think about it, it makes it easier. Went for a nice hour long car ride today and that really helped me out.

Thanks guys. Its tough. I find myself trying to stay even more busy.

Which leads me to a thank you from Adam's themselves... To stay busy I just planned on washing my truck and being done... kind of a half assed attempt since the mood isnt the best. Well this turned into a, may as well do it right since I have the supplies. Which led to me doing a full under hood detail. I must say it was still worth it to be distracted that long and to make it look great again. If I didnt have their stuff, i would have done a terrible wash and just left it to dry. Now Im waiting to hear that she is done with the biopsy and then when she comes back ill give her a big hug and I have to head back to Peoria, for work tomorrow. She will be out of state for a few days but just taking it day by day.

Thank you again guys. The support from everywhere helps. Friend of mine from London even said best wishes from london to my mom and it made her smile... the little things.

got the 2 coats of americana on the roof and hood after the MSS cured, got half the truck done with the old orange/white pad and compound doing one pass of each.  Dad got the rest of the truck done and MSS applied after I went to work.  Tomorrow gona take the MSS off and put 2 coats of americana on.

truck doing 1 pass each got rid of the swirls but overall maybe 80% correction, some scratches are still visable.

Edited by fortplainman

Spent yesterday detailing the Enclave.  Washed, Clayed, sealed both glass with GS and paint with QS and polished the chrome wheels with MP2 and then a coat of QS.  Then I rested and cut the grass...  

Looks nice there, Nick.  Had to move the screen around or stand on my head to view them properly though....lol

For me I finished glueing ABS.  Will go back on Saturday and cover with cement then hopefully start framing.

lol.. the Wife took the pics with her phone and sent them to me.. I just dragged them to my desktop from iMessage haha..

Now I just have to put down base moldings, some door moldings, and paint the Baby Room..  Also need to get someone in to carpet both sets of stairs..  I would love to get rid of carpet all together but the basement stairs looked frankensteined together when I pulled the carpet and I could only imagine the same results under the 1st-2nd floor stairs..